Please help with me my investigation

vekerdy
vekerdy Posts: 8
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Hi everyone!

My name is Balint Vekerdy, I'm a student Industrial Design Engineering at the University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands. I'm working on an investigation regarding Brand Recognition at sport bicycles, so how do we recognize a specific bicycle brand and does a brand influence our choices during purchase of a new bike, for example? With this investigation, I combine my studies with my hobby.

And this is where your help comes in! For this investigation, I created a survey which can be found at the following address:
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...9-1cbcedd0bdcc
Please help me with my investigation by filling out this survey! I asked people at the road segment as well, it would be nice if you filled it out as well, to get a bigger scope of the sport cycling segment! :)

Thank you in advance!

Balint

Comments

• Sorry, the link above is dead! Here is the proper link:

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=3d7bbd17-d15d-4253-a7f9-1cbcedd0bdcc

Thnx!
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Tried it but the survey doesn't work properly. Kept getting thrown back to the start screen.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sorry gave up half way through that.

either not too well thought out or does not work for an engineer.
    as most of those questions i would not could not answer or consider.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    I have more than one bike, for which one do you want me to answer the questions? I didn't buy any of them as whole bikes, how should I answer groupset-related questions?

You've got an option for Brand (Image) and Brand (Location) but not, for example, Brand (Reputation), Brand (Support) or Brand (Quality).
    Individualizability?

How can I rate the image of the design of a material? Surely that depends on how its use has been designed? Or are you talking on a molecular level?

In Q37, do you really want it from a technological point of view, or from a style point of view?
    8. Please indicate which type of sport bike you ride mostly, also if you marked only one type of bike at the previous question. *
    If I marked only one type of bike then what?
  • Big Red S wrote:
    I have more than one bike, for which one do you want me to answer the questions? I didn't buy any of them as whole bikes, how should I answer groupset-related questions?

You've got an option for Brand (Image) and Brand (Location) but not, for example, Brand (Reputation), Brand (Support) or Brand (Quality).
    Individualizability?

How can I rate the image of the design of a material? Surely that depends on how its use has been designed? Or are you talking on a molecular level?

In Q37, do you really want it from a technological point of view, or from a style point of view?
    8. Please indicate which type of sport bike you ride mostly, also if you marked only one type of bike at the previous question. *
    If I marked only one type of bike then what?

A lot of questions I see... :-) It is difficoult to generalize the question for image/quality etc, so in these cases a general impression will do. As for your last question, I needed that question in the survey to redirect you to the road, mountain or touring segment. :)

Thank you for filling out the query!
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    very long winded, I almost gave up a few times, a lot of it was too complex. i didn't bother with some sections as they were not relevant.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    vekerdy wrote:
    A lot of questions I see... :-)
    That was just until I got bored and gave up...
    It is difficoult to generalize the question for image/quality etc, so in these cases a general impression will do.
    A general impression of what? In any case, if that's what you're after, that's what you should ask for.
    As for your last question, I needed that question in the survey to redirect you to the road, mountain or touring segment. :)
    I wasn't asking why you asked that, I was asking what you were asking.
    If I only marked one type of bike, what am I supposed to do?
    If I didn't only mark one type of bike, what am I supposed to do?
    Thank you for filling out the query!
    Like I said above, I gave up before I got to the end.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    That was hard work!

I filled in the questions regarding my bike as I thought ten years ago when I bought it. My views have changed now!

The whole thing needs simplifying.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Done. :D
    For me it was fun. Next survey please...
  • Hi everybody!

A lot of people filled out the survey, thank you very much! If anybody is interested, and I get useful results, I'll publish some results here.

Have a nice day!

Balint
  • I for one would like to see some results...