Orbea bikes

corkscrew
corkscrew Posts: 14
edited October 2008 in Workshop
Hi

I am in the market for an Orbea Orca and would appreciate any advice/experiences anyone can offer.
I am currently working and living in Dubai.
Is it beneficial for me to order a bike from the UK for shipping to Dubai (my understanding is that the VAT would be deducted which should more than cover shipping) and what are the potential pitfalls?
Are there other options for ordering from any other countries where I may get an even better deal?

All comments appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    Hi. I own an Orbea Orca which I am very impressed with.
    I ride a Specialized Roubaix also and there is a vast difference when riding the two bikes, the Orca is much more nimble, quicker off the mark and the miles seem to fly by effortlessly!
    exercise.png
  • Thanks for the reply but I think you've misunderstood what I was asking.
    I don't really want a review of the bike - I want some advice about where I can get one to be shipped to Dubai.
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    corkscrew wrote:
    Hi

I am in the market for an Orbea Orca and would appreciate any advice/experiences anyone can offer.

All comments appreciated

Thanks

??
    exercise.png
  • I am currently working and living in Dubai.
    Is it beneficial for me to order a bike from the UK for shipping to Dubai (my understanding is that the VAT would be deducted which should more than cover shipping) and what are the potential pitfalls?
    Are there other options for ordering from any other countries where I may get an even better deal?

For the purpose of clarity
    Do you have any advice or recommended dealers that might be able to help?[/quote]
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    fto-si wrote:

??

lol :D
  • a shop would be a good starting place
    and anyway arent they a spanish company? sure it would be cheaper buying it in spain
  • this isn't really a thread about Orbea bikes is it?
  • Agreed they are a Spanish company but I don't know enough about buying bikes from abroad which is why I was asking for any advice from anyone with that experience.
    If you are saying that buying from Spain will be cheaper than from the UK because you know that for a fact then that is useful information and I thank you.
    I will investigateb that option further.

The thread is about Orbea bikes (that is the bike I want to buy) but it is also about the most ecomical way of buying one from Dubai.
  • I would check the distributors on the orbea website... there don't appear to be any in dubai.

It may be worth trying some spanish distributors...