I'm back!!!!!

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well, it's been a long time since I graced this forum (or any) with my presence.

Had a bit of a rough time of it lately, split with girlfriend, moved back to london and then got laid off from work...... on top of being ill for a long time not great....

Have not been cycling a lot (if any) as my fitness is very bad at the moment and I have put a few pounds on lol

So, my lovely marin and wildcard have not been ridden for 6 months and my yeti still needs brakes but is built up ready to go....

I have been using my rig when I have been going out, trouble is that at the moment, about 5 miles knackers me out....... so I thought the SS 29er would be best way to gradually increase my fitness...

Thanks to those of you that expressed concern! :D

It's good to be back!

Adam

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welcome back, bad to hear about your luck recently, hope you get back out on those bikes soon mate.
  • so, what have I missed..... has Andrew156 managed to build his 16lb bike yet? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    he's not been around for a while, he hangs out over at ukmb.net but did ask about you t'other day.

ive got a different bike and am getting another when i get back from the falklands but dont know what yet.

we stil get the occasional orange 5 thread and it always turns into someting the OP didnt intend.

sonic has got a job with a column in mbr so i am looking forward to buying that tommorrow.

and everything else is as you left it.

oh, if i can get a tree trunk big enough i think we are starting a team bikeradar bob sleigh team.
  • cool, it's great news about sonic... will nip out and grab a copy also... have not bought any bike mags since June!!!! I used to spend about £20 a month on em!!!! Gotta watch the pennies now that I am a man of leisure :lol:
  • Anonymous
    oh to be a man of leisure, you should deffo spend some time out on those bikes then.
  • Thats the plan sheepsteeth... need to do a little every day and increase fitness.... I used to ride 30 without sweating... now after 5 miles it looks like I have done the marathon :lol:

Trouble is, my marin and wildcard are still in kent at my ex's place...... need to get down there and rescue them..... not looking forward to it mate!
  • Anonymous
    oooh, dont envy that task. bet your fitness will return in no time, it always helps to have a nice bike to do it on eh?!
  • sure, I think it will take a couple of months though to be honest!

They are safe where they are, although I bet they have flat tires by now!!!!....

Trouble is I have 4 bikes and nowhere to store them at my new place (basically have had to move back in with my mother until I get a flat)

I may have to put 2 of them into storage........
  • Anonymous
    maybe you should sell the yeti to me
  • ha ha, I knew you would say that...... :wink:

Basically, I think something has got to be done, I need to focus on two bikes and maybe sell the other two......... ? Not sure which ones (if any) that I would sell

but not really given it much thought...

Its like having to pick one of 4 kids you're going to give away!!! :lol:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    he's not been around for a while, he hangs out over at ukmb.net but did ask about you t'other day.

ive got a different bike and am getting another when i get back from the falklands but dont know what yet.

we stil get the occasional orange 5 thread and it always turns into someting the OP didnt intend.

sonic has got a job with a column in mbr so i am looking forward to buying that tommorrow.

and everything else is as you left it.

oh, if i can get a tree trunk big enough i think we are starting a team bikeradar bob sleigh team.

cough

Not MBR but with WMB :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Good To hear you back Cheesey :D , think of the positives, now you have as much time as you like to get out on the bikes and see what trails their are in london (if any)!
  • not many trails here.. requires a drive etc but that's no problem. Lots of great urban riding here though and I have some local woods what have some good drops, trails etc... so as soon as I get my wildcard back from the ex I shall try and get out a little more... get it to the top of the hill and just point it down.. ha ha

Good to be back amigo! :lol:
  • Cheesey wrote:
    ....Its like having to pick one of 4 kids you're going to give away!!!

Nah, it's easy - I'll swap both my kids for your Mythic :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Glad you're back despite the hassles (not a good time by the sounds of it, been there on the job front a couple of times myself, luckily came right in the end).

Not much has changed (a few avatars, Sonic's for one, might have to start a poll /petition to bring back Berk).

Since I've been around for nearly a year now I'm starting to get Deja Vue, it's all back to what lights, mud tyres etc. (although come to think of it what mud tyre threads really haven't gone away this year).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stumpyjon LOL
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Nick

Alright, compared to some I'm still a wee wipper snapper. I must admit you must have the patience of of a saint to keep answering the same posts time and time again :roll: .

At least you haven't sold out and gone all comercial :lol:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    stumpyjon wrote:

Since I've been around for nearly a year now I'm starting to get Deja Vue, it's all back to what lights, mud tyres etc. (although come to think of it what mud tyre threads really haven't gone away this year).

if you look carefully you will see i have another falklands thread, i think my last was about a yr ago too.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Welcome back fella.

Shame to hear of your ill health and all, hope recovery is quick.

Now onto serious matters, bike storage, I'm about 25 miles south of town, 10mins walk from a mainline train station, :wink::wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Welcome back, and hope your luck turns!

Yep, WMB, not MBR ;-)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Welcome back, and hope your luck turns!

Yep, WMB, not MBR ;-)
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    WELCOME BACK CHEESEY!!!!!!
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Yah! Welcome sir! Good to have you back, I still have the Crush, no real changes 'cos its perfect as it is!!!

and I have started to write in orange, because its orange.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    it was me that lead him to this :lol:

now we can have the forum banter back :D

Check out the V10 thread in downhill for my new ride so far
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Welcome back Cheesey! Sounds like a bad time, only one way to go now dude :wink:

Hope the Marin is keeping well. Absolutely love mine, I've even given her a name!

Easy, G
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    EASYG!!!! We should be welcoming you back!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Cheesey wrote:
    so, what have I missed..... has Andrew156 managed to build his 16lb bike yet? :lol:

:lol: She's lighter than the last time but not yet 16lbs :wink:

Say if you don't have any room, I can look after your Marin for you if you like?
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Tis true, I've been vacant from this place for a while!

God, does anyone else just miss their bike when they are not able to ride it?!
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    I've not been on the old mbuk forum for aagesss (I'm sure everyone missed me)

Trails within riding distance of Leicester (i started at the uni this year) seem to be a bit thin on the ground, although the cleaner has been surprisingly ok with me having 3 bikes in my room :)

hi everyone.