Handlebar Tape

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
edited October 2008 in Workshop
I'm trying to find some tape, I want the thin style that's almost like the gauze tape you use on plaster's. I've seen it on the Cube bikes but it has no brand on it. I also saw some at last years bike show but couldn't remember the manufacturer. Any one out there have a clue what I'm talking about!?!?!?! :?: :?: :?:
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    No :lol: but did you sort your numb foot problem out?
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Bontrager do a good thin one - it's quite nice stuff too - kind of tacky and rubbery but nice to hold on to.

There is a regular thickness version and then the TT version which is pretty thin.

Can't remember what it's called though.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • feel wrote:
    No :lol: but did you sort your numb foot problem out?

Cheers feel...funny enough I was at podiatrist again on Thursday and he thinks I have a Morton's Nueroma so i'm off for scans.

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    If you don't get any joy with the podiatrist it might be worth talking to an osteopath. Most should have a very good idea about trapped nerves.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I'm trying to find some tape, I want the thin style that's almost like the gauze tape you use on plaster's. I've seen it on the Cube bikes but it has no brand on it. I also saw some at last years bike show but couldn't remember the manufacturer. Any one out there have a clue what I'm talking about!?!?!?! :?: :?: :?:

I used to use really thin tape many years ago. It was the fashion then. Haven't seen it used much these days but it's still out there. I really like cork tape now(in my old age).
    It just has that little extra comfort. Looked on a few web sites for you but didn't see what you're looking for. Maybe a bike shop? Like I say, I believe it's gone out of fashion, so to
    speak, and may be hard to find.

Dennis Noward
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    You can buy Benotto tape off ebay and reliv ethe 80s. Fizik tape is also quite thin, and looks good.
  • I thought about fizik so i'll give that a go come pay day.

Many moons ago I used to play tennis and loved the old style leather grip. It was like rocking horse sh*t but luckily I worked in a tennis shop on Saturday's and we had an abundance of the stuff in the stock room. Funny cos I can still remember the looks I used to get from people in the posh clubs when I used to pull out this racket with a brown :shock: grip. Hilarious to think that the old multi colour grips that looked like throw up were the 'in' thing! Didn't help that I used to wear lacoste and fila old style kit either but hey I'm a stickler for the old classic look!!!