Specialized shoe warranty?

Slow Downcp
Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
edited October 2008 in Workshop
Anyone know what warranty give on their shoes? I've got a pair of 18 month old comp roads, and as I was putting new cleats on last night, one of the threaded holes pulled through the sole even though I was using a torque wrench at the specified setting. I tried putting it back in and gluing but no joy :-(

Alternatively, anyone want a pair of size 44 comp roads that will work okay for Spd's for £25 + post?
Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos

Comments

• JoeBH
    JoeBH Posts: 63
    Not much use to you as I didn't look into the warranty, but the exact same thing happened to my BG Sports after about 9 months.
    I'm now on a pair of BG Comps :oops:
  • sloxam
    sloxam Posts: 861
    the threaded bit should be in a removable plate under the insole, pop to your lbs and get them to order one from specialized. job done
    i hate hills (cos i'm fat)

www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/
  • Slow Downcp
    It's not a removable plate - I think that's on the carbon model. The one I have is a one piece sole (with a small hole where the thread should be :evil: ) I phoned the Specialized store today and they are gonna ring Specialized tomorrow about a warranty claim - won't hold my breath though :(
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Slow Downcp
    E-mailed photo's through to the store who went them on to Speciailized - who then said it's not a design or manufacturing issue. In the same breath they then said that they had received quite a number of similar claims - which would suggest that it is a design fault?

They guy in store has said that they'll be doing Pro Roads later in the week for £80 if I want some, but I think I'll go back to Northwave's or Sidi's.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    E-mailed photo's through to the store who went them on to Speciailized - who then said it's not a design or manufacturing issue. In the same breath they then said that they had received quite a number of similar claims - which would suggest that it is a design fault?

They guy in store has said that they'll be doing Pro Roads later in the week for £80 if I want some, but I think I'll go back to Northwave's or Sidi's.

Pro Roads for £80 now that is a bargain. They retail at £150 for 2009.
  • Slow Downcp
    edited October 2008
    Edit double post
  • Slow Downcp
    doyler78 wrote:

Or £70 at Leisure Lakes at the moment! :shock:
  • doyler78
    doyler78 wrote:

Or £70 at Leisure Lakes at the moment! :shock:

Now that is good however I can't find their postage rates as some sites can have extortionate rates to NI. Will check it out later as I was going to get an 2009 pair but the 2008 will do at that price :lol:
  • Slow Downcp
    Just looked again - there's a side banner saying 5% off all web orders with free delivery.
  • doyler78
    Just looked again - there's a side banner saying 5% off all web orders with free delivery.

I couldn't see it myself however when you click on the offers banner it brings you to a page which tells you this. Its a pretty significant thing therefore they really ought make it more prominent.

Anyway anyone ever used this company? What they like?