rant of the day "coffin dodgers"

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I believe in the old film Logans Run , that when you reach a certain age that you go of to carosel . Not only do these oxegen thieves try and kill me when on the road but moan like hell if i'm out on a local trail and now i've to suffer them on the bus when i pick up my young boy from school on the bus . Not only do they jump the que then they take up the seats where wheelchair/buggies go but they don't even have to pay for it , then they get of 2 stops down the road. i'll add at this point i've got his younger bro in a buggy. May i also add some smell of wee so let me sum up;
1 They are a danger on the road.
2 They moan at you when your out on the trails.
3 They nick the seats at the front of bus'es.
4 They don't have to pay for the bus.
5 They smell of wee.
6 They steal our air.
Rant over ! ! ! "please can i be Logan his blaster was cool"

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'm looking forward to being a miserable buuger and pointing my walking stick at people, and talking about the 'old 'days'. I've earnt it!
  • Anonymous
    Forgot to add everyone who's passion is of the 2 wheel'd type then your exempt from me and me blaster :lol:
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    oooh Young Man (in a Harry Enfield stylee) :lol:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • supersonic wrote:
    I'm looking forward to being a miserable buuger and pointing my walking stick at people, and talking about the 'old 'days'. I've earnt it!

me too i shall wear purple
  • Tara911
    Tara911 Posts: 136
    whoops... I'm already wearing purple... well a dark pink!
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Anonymous
    AAAAAAARRRRRHHHHH Just thought i'm 41 moaning at coffin dodgers i like the colour purple and Longans Run, SHHHHHHHIIIITTTTTTTTT i'm gettting old "hope i don't smell of wee" :oops:
  • it's not age,

It's attitude!! :D 8)
  • im gun preach when i get to 60...

speak of the madness and crazy shit this grandad used to do down the local jumps... my grand kids will never understand that we were once 'cool'

cause fuck me i am!!
  • we had a fun debate in uni the other day, 1/2 the class had to argue that smoking was good and the other that it was bad.

we got smoking is good, and one of our reasons was to advertise them more to the older generation because there's too many of them 8) :lol:
  • Ever noticed how they manage to takeup a disproportionately large amount of space on the pavement? Just walking two abreast they can fill the entire so##ing thing - it's like they have some strange kind of forcefield around them. Completely impenetrable!
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Its when they're walking through town on a busy dinner hr and they just stop for no reason at all in the middle of the damn pavement completely blocking it in both directions when ive only got a half hour to use.

Ive thought loads of times how satisfying it would feel to shoot them and put them out of my misery :twisted: :twisted:

Im gonna burn in hell i know........................
  • Rich9
    There are some miserable old chuffers out there i'll admit, one particular one in a Nissan Micra that I got stuck behind this morning drove me nuts :evil: but remember.....it wont be long before we are like that too :cry:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Why do they all go shopping when it's really busy???????? If I was retired I'd be in Tescos at half past nine on a Tuesday morning, the shelves would be full and the aisles would be empty.

Just because you always shopped on a Friday night for years when you worked doesn't mean you have to stick to the same routine once you've retired :evil: .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • toslow
    toslow Posts: 85
    Why oh why do oldens find the narrowist isle in any shopping enviroment and stop for a chat with another old grit ,and when you ask to sqeeze through they generally just ignore you going back to talking about how rude the youth of today are.
  • Rich9
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Why do they all go shopping when it's really busy???????? If I was retired I'd be in Tescos at half past nine on a Tuesday morning, the shelves would be full and the aisles would be empty.

Just because you always shopped on a Friday night for years when you worked doesn't mean you have to stick to the same routine once you've retired :evil: .

Isnt pension day Tuesday? :?
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    You're just jealous because we've been places and done things you've never even thought of - and at least we can string a sentence together without resorting to 'innit' :evil:
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    You're just jealous because we've been places and done things you've never even thought of - and at least we can string a sentence together without resorting to 'innit' :evil:

Don't try to be all "hip" on us...Get down Eastbourne with all of the other tartan blanket covered coffin dodgers! Suppose we will have to subsidise you now, along with the rest of the Sanatogen generation...working our fingers down to the bone, whilst our pensions become a thing of the past. Yes, don't look too smug in your Rover 25/Austin Maestro...we could go down the Austrian route in this country as well!? Hook you up to a computer, 3 enter buttons and the syringe is going... :lol: :oops:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    We are the hip generation - you little chavs are just trying to keep up with us - personally I don't give a stuff if you don't have a pension, or about global warming or if London sinks into the north sea - won't be my problem sonny! :twisted:

Anyway its Saturday night - shouldn't you be out getting pi**ed and fighting with the rest of you're generation?
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    :lol: A sad indictment on my life...Strictly Dancing (Rachel Stevens...you would, wouldn't you...Hell, Cherie Lunghi is in danger! :lol: ) with a decent cooked meal and a bottle of red. The grandkids must love bouncing on your Athritic knee!? You have the bedside manner of that Shipman bloke...he was onto a winner there though!
  • mcbazza
    mcbazza Posts: 251
    Stumbled upon 2 CD's today on the towpaths.
    One went to the left. The other to the right.
    And their little dog/rat stood in the middle.

Was tempted to bunny(rat?)-hop it. But, decided against it. It would probably nip at the front wheel and get caught in the crown and drag.

Wanted to rant about how sensible people would pick one side, or the other, but, not both. But, just decided to smile as I pulled up to a complete stop to let them continue & walk past.
    Stumpy, Rockhopper (stolen!) & custom SX Trail II - that should do it!