Comfort food...

Tara911
Tara911 Posts: 136
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Now it's getting colder I'm wanting comfort food.

Favourite at the moment is Sausage (Lincolnshire), Mash, onion gravy and carrots and green beans.

Another good one is casserole of any kind...

Salads just son't cut it in the winter! :evil:
The futures bright....

The future is PINK

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Pies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Tara911
    with?
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Curry (Rogan Josh/madras/Dopiaza)

lasagne, chips & gravy

Pie, chips & gravy

Fish n Chips

Fry ups: Lincolnshire sausages, crispy bacon, eggs with slightly runny yolks, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, fried bread & toast, followed by a proper cup o Tea.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Tara911
    Curry is a year round thing... that's why I din't mention it.

Jalfrezi... hotter the better! :twisted:
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Jalfrezi with garlic naan, onion bahjis and bombay potatos :):D
    Returning to MTB'ing after 13 year break: Merida Matts Sub 60d

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59 ... G_1243.jpg
  • nicklouse
    Tara911 wrote:
    with?

More pies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Tara911
    but isn't that a year round thing too? :wink:
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • nicklouse
    Not in Sweden.

the butcher makes deliveries maybe once every 2 to 3 months.

Currently have a freezer full of sausages and Steak and Kidney pies.

Try and buy Kidney in Sweden! buying weed is easier.
  • Tara911
    and I'm guessing you know... :wink:
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • nicklouse
    I hear it is easier.

Well lets say i have never been offered kidneys in the street.

:wink:
  • Popeh
    Popeh Posts: 115
    Kidney pies - I can't think of much worse.

Curries all the way! (and KFC)
    - Marin 2005 East Peak
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Cheese. I eat far too much.
  • Tara911
    edited October 2008
    Hmm.. watch it of you eat at KFC...

£150 fine... for staying too long at the KFC

FAST food fan Natalie Jackson was hit with a £150 fine at KFC — for staying too long gorging on a monster-sized “family bucket”.

The trainee nurse and a pal plumped for FOURTEEN chicken pieces, SIX bags of fries and large COKES after driving to their local branch.

They spent an hour and a half scoffing the 5,456-calorie feast. Days later regular customer Natalie got the fine in the post for breaking the restaurant car park’s 75-minute limit.

The 24-year-old fumed yesterday: “It’s disgusting. I spend a lot of money in there. Now I’m never going back.”

Hungry
    Natalie — who eats at KFC three times a week — complained to restaurant bosses that she was unaware of signs warning of the time limit in Huddersfield, West Yorks.

The mega bucket, which busts the Health Department’s recommended 1,940-a-day calorie count for women, cost her £13.16p.

Natalie vowed there was fat chance of her paying the £150 — insisting: “It didn’t feel like I was in there all that long. We were hungry.”

Last night KFC said restaurant parking was contracted to private firm Civil Enforcement Ltd — but promised to review Natalie’s case.

A spokesman said: “A parking restriction was introduced to prevent non-KFC customers using the car park.

“The 75-minute time limit is designed to accommodate our customers who generally eat for about 30 minutes.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1757267.ece

she definately doesn't mountain bike... or do any other form of exercise!!! :evilhttp://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1757267.ece
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • supersonic
    14 chicken pieces? I could do that in a 20 minute sitting, then move on to pizza hut.
  • Tara911
    but are you a stunner like the lady in question? 8)
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • supersonic
    Hehe, well my arms haven't developed wings yet, but my love of food is all too evident ;-)

pizza.jpg
  • Tara911
    yeah...
    looks like you need a good feed!
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • supersonic
    12 stone! But thin limbs anda beer gut. I look like a frog dangled from its tongue.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Apple pie and Custard does it for me every time

A nice stew and dumplings also hits the spot in winter
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    stew is a good one (with beetroot dont forget)

if you are going to eat sausages, they should be porkinsons bangers, i have invested alot of time and money on finding the best sausages, always assuming some kind of local butcher hippy sausage would be the holy grail but never found anything as delicious as the porkinson, also, as my job invlves me moving every 3 yrs its good to have found a nationally avaialable favourite.
  • nicklouse
    Porkison you lie.

My Butcher does the best, (Ok he is 500 km away and is from Ireland and is the only Butcher in Sweden that makes sausages) So my choice is a little limited.

He does deliver thank god.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    stew is a good one (with beetroot dont forget)

if you are going to eat sausages, they should be porkinsons bangers, i have invested alot of time and money on finding the best sausages, always assuming some kind of local butcher hippy sausage would be the holy grail but never found anything as delicious as the porkinson, also, as my job invlves me moving every 3 yrs its good to have found a nationally avaialable favourite.

i thouoght that to be a sausage then it needs a minimum % pork I cant remember hte exact % about 10 i think. And below that it gets called a bangers.......... yum
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    Porkison you lie.

My Butcher does the best, (Ok he is 500 km away and is from Ireland and is the only Butcher in Sweden that makes sausages) So my choice is a little limited.

He does deliver thank god.

good job they're good then eh!! im not sure i would travel 500km even for a porkinson.
  • It's all about the Cheerios!

No matter what they do, no matter what they say, I could eat cereal any time of day.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Our local farm shop does some cracking bangers. Fortunaltely its less than 500km away. I'd guess at about 8km
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    My farm shop is 1/2 mile away across the fields and has a cafe which does a full English for £ 5. Sausages are pretty good, especially the beer flavoured ones :D and you know the meat is free range, you get to see the pigs being born, fattened and then mysteriously disappearing :shock: . It's been great for my 4 year old, ask her where sausages come from and she says you get a pig and chop it's head off.......

They also do treacle cured bacon which is absolutely fantastic (much nicer than it sounds). In fact all their bacon is pretty good, not pumped full of water etc., grills up beautifully. MMMmmmmmmmm.........

They've got deer in the top field, can't wait them to be fat enough to eat :twisted:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    haha, my mrs is a vegetarian, which isnt a much hard work as i was expecting when we first met. we were driving up the m6 one easter sunday when the wife saw a farmer walking up a field with a lamb in his arm, she thought it looked sweet and figured that the farmer was taking him home to look after it or summat, i couldnt resist telling her something else might have been occuring :lol:

bak on topic, seeing as my bird is a veggie, i make a winter stew which is pretty good, loads of chunky root veg in a tomato base with a kick of chilli, it tastes bette a couple of days after it has been made and re-heated a few times.