Bent Seatpost

abbots_mike
abbots_mike Posts: 280
edited October 2008 in MTB general
Somehow, I have managed to bend my seatpost quite considerably at the point where it entered the frame. Frame is fine, and it was inserted more than the minimum insertion. just wondered if anyone has managed the same, and thought people might like some pictures. think i did it fairly recently, riding home last night and realised that my position felt all wrong!

pbpic2532870.jpg
pbpic2532868.jpg

Comments

• Yup I've bent a couple, then got a Thompson and have had no problems.
  • suppose i should have expected it, was the cheapy one that came with the bike, coupled with a wheelie off a high kerb that i messed up. think that was the final straw. excuse for a new one now :D
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    If you are heavy person, don't go carbon one, because if it fails maybe it won't bent like this one. :lol:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I bent a seatpost after forgetting to drop the saddle at the top of the freeride area at Glentress. Came off the end of the second log and got booted up the hole by my saddle, but fortunately stayed on....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Aye, cheap and nasty post!

If worried about bending, go for a slightly heavier heavy duty post.

SMICA about the best cost/strength/weight post onthe market.
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    I've bent 2 posts, one Raceface, one Titec. Both cos i was messing about and came down hard on the seat and bent them. I'll never learn :D
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.