New biker

HarryX
HarryX Posts: 36
edited September 2008 in Road beginners
Hi folks,

been browsing this forum for about a year and just bought a bike - Giant Defy 2.5 from Bike Pedlar in Stoke on Trent.

Picking it up this weekend along with lights/spare tube/bottle etc.

Bike Pedlar were great in helping me out and I'm pretty lucky having them 5 mins walk away from my house :D

Can't wait to get out on it and maybe even join a club in the future :shock:

Comments

• Welcome:
    Hope you enjoy the bike and cycling it.You've got all winter to build some fitness
    ready for next spring and summer. :D
    d.j.avery
  • Good luck, and welcome to the fabulous world of road cycling! Let us know how you get on - esp. as the Defy range are relatively new, and replace the respected SCRs, so it would be good to get a user's view on it - maybe you can post something on the 'What Road Bike' thread?
  • Thanks for the welcome. I was originally interested in the SCR's but I took so long making my mind up that the Defy appeared.

I'll certainly put an entry in the what bike thread when I've had a few runs out on it.

Main reason I bought it is cos I've stopped smoking, now I can't stop eating :roll:
    Hopefully the cycling will get me out and about and keep me fit at the same time. There's some ridiculous hills round my area so I'll have use google maps to map out routes around them at first :?