Snow Patrol

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I am absolutely loving Snow Patrol. I don't know how long their album has been out for, its probably ages. They are a group that I have avoided for some reason, I think probably 'cos of Chasing Cars, it was a bit too much you know, too deep?

I listened to their album a recently and can not stop, its magnificent. Plus they are Irish (I think?) this also made me like them more, as opposed to them being American whores.

If you like their album you'll know what I mean, nearly every track is fantastic.

Thought I'd share that with y'all.

Comments

• Tara911
    Tara911 Posts: 136
    I've loved Snow Patrol for a couple of years now!!!

I've yet to get to gig though!
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    edited September 2008
    They did a cracking video for Open your eyes. (edit, found it after a bit more investigation...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybr8Z6pzVs0
  • Tara911 wrote:
    I've loved Snow Patrol for a couple of years now!!!

I've yet to get to gig though!

So they must have been out for at least a couple of years then, can't believe I missed out all this time!
  • For the original video, which is 9 minutes long and just contains the engine tone. "Ferrari in Paris" is the title link. Seems to be quite a bit of history, debate over what the car was though.
  • lol I know - Everyone kicked off about it, losers.

Dunno what its got to do with Snow Patrol though? Think I'm being thick, and a bit drunk.
  • Tara911
    Drunk on a Thursday....

What is the world coming to.... <hic>

:wink:
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • Thursday is my Friday usually. I have every Friday off, apart from today. Starting at 8AM and as you can see by the time I can't sleep and I've been up for ages now.
    Listened to Snow Patrol again just now!
  • hmmm a few years ago, gosh must be 2004? ah wikipedia says 2003.
    so i went to see andrew wk in a little club in bournemouth and there were posters up on the walls saying Snow Patrol were playing there the next week. club was small probably only 200 capacity maybe. gig price was £8.50. It was about a month before they made it big with Run and the album Final Straw. so we had no idea who they were. so we couldn't be bothered to go.
    god damn. missed out there!
  • ha ha yeah true, although i didn't know who he was at the time either. great fun that gig was.
  • They released their first album in 04 (hopes and dreams) and they are from East Sussex, so they arnt Irish.make you like them less??

Can I ask, why being Irish would make you like them more?
    I didnt do it! I found it broken, honest!
  • Steve88 wrote:
    They released their first album in 04 (hopes and dreams) and they are from East Sussex, so they arnt Irish.make you like them less??

ummmm nope you're thinking of keane.
    Snow Patrol are a Northern Irish alternative rock band which formed in Dundee, Scotland,[4] with the majority of their members being from Bangor and Belfast, Northern Ireland. They are based in Glasgow and are signed to Polydor Records.

When the band moved to a major record label Polydor Records they released their 2003 album Final Straw
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Patrol
  • Tara911
    OT... but Keane are on J Ross now...

how can the lead singer look so lardy in the face when the rest of him looks quite slim?
    The futures bright....

The future is PINK
  • OOPS my bad! :oops: sorry
    I didnt do it! I found it broken, honest!
  • Steve88 wrote:
    They released their first album in 04 (hopes and dreams) and they are from East Sussex, so they arnt Irish.make you like them less??

Dunno - I just figured they were from the US, there are so many bands that enjoy world domination from the US, its good to have stumbled on one thats from the UK.

So I'm just about to listen to the album again now!