Mmmmm........Hot Salsa!

vbc
vbc Posts: 1,104
edited September 2008 in Workshop
Oh Lordy, Lordy........get over to the Salsa website and have a look at this little beauty -

http://www.salsacycles.com/images/zoom_pistola09_bk.jpg

If I didn't already have a Salsa Primero sat in the spare room waiting to be built up, I' get my credit card out!

Comments

• eye of the beholder - i reckon thats fugly!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    brownbosh wrote:
    eye of the beholder - i reckon thats fugly!

Yep, it's got gears, skinny & big wheels :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    brownbosh wrote:

+1

Any bike, regardless of size, material, colour, style, stickers, whatever just looks wrong when the seat stays join the seat tube at a higher level than the top tube does.

bkimg_pistola09_bk.jpg

I don't even care if there's some sort of clever reason for doing it. It looks wrong, like the cycling equivalent of a 'cut and shut'.
  • Ash_ wrote:
    brownbosh wrote:

+1

Any bike, regardless of size, material, colour, style, stickers, whatever just looks wrong when the seat stays join the seat tube at a higher level than the top tube does.

bkimg_pistola09_bk.jpg

I don't even care if there's some sort of clever reason for doing it. It looks wrong, like the cycling equivalent of a 'cut and shut'.

It's Boooooooooorrrrriiiiiingggggggg :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Ha ha! I love it when it all kicks off about whether a bike looks good!

Personally I think that's a daft looking frame geom and it already looks dated. But....

I'd still rather ride that than a plastic bike :P
  • Well, I love Salsa's. I've had two and will be getting a Primero very soon. Hopefully With red Roval's and full Red groupset...mmm...) Anyway, I hate to say it, prefer the Primero. Sorry.
    I've a Salsa El Mariarchi 29er and that has the top tube/seat stays thing which makes it look like a huge 26er thats been cut and shut, but it just looks so cool, and rides so beautifully, that I don't care.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • Dull, boring grey. Where's the colour?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    It just looks terrible, I'm sorry but it just does!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    When Ross Shaefer established Salsa they were innovative and deserved notice - I long hankered after an original LaRaza but they were more expensive than a DeRosa at the time. Now they're just another 'marketing' brand - and that fat fork and long headtube just look all wrong.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..