Whats happened to UK-MTB forum

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Like a lot of people I visit most of the MTB forums to see whats happening and to pick up tips visited this one a week ago and it was all happiness

As a forum it was a bit smug and up itself though none the worse for that. Visit this morning and civil war has broken out with moderators flouncing off and it appears the forum is going to finish at end of week WTF :?
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Six and one and half a dozen...

Will move this to OT section, I think a better place for it.
  • I didn't like it over there anyway, this one although not as good as MBUK, is much friendlier.
    <hr>

Do what you fear, you won\'t regret it.

You are only as brave as your skill level.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Have just spoken to a mate it seems that the guy who ran the forum has recently discovered that girls have different bits than boys

So instead of running the forum he has been having fun

Someone got jealous and said a rude word in the playground and forum fella has decided to go home in a sulk and take his ball with him

All I can say is :roll: get a life
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • tombate911
    tombate911 Posts: 1,590
    nar i wouldnt believe everything you hear stubs, there have been a few problems which we have all tried to put behind us but a few of us have moved forums now there is a funny taste in the air over there, :shock:
  • supersonic
    fabienno1 wrote:
    I didn't like it over there anyway, this one although not as good as MBUK, is much friendlier.

Out of interest, what do you mean by 'not as good as'?
  • Dunk
    Dunk Posts: 5,291
    HAHA don't go there. Lots of people over reacting about nothing! Stupid if you ask me.
    Soon to be updated!!!
  • Out of interest, what do you mean by 'not as good as'?

It was just in terms of the fact that it was smaller so it was more of a tighter-knit community. l actually used to help a few people out or at least until they received a more informed responsed from a certain yorkshireman what resides in Sweden. Actually I'm struggling now that I think about it. I can't really remember why I preferred it as I have been off here for a while now (haven't been anywhere else though), but I do remember thinking at the time of the switch "Well I don't like this as much, but give it time!"
    Don't get me wrong this place is great, and the fact that we now get more input from other mag readers as well can only be a good thing.
    <hr>

Do what you fear, you won\'t regret it.

You are only as brave as your skill level.
  • supersonic
    I think that is why people use more than one forum. Tighter knit ones are good, as can banter more if know the person (and certain things may be tolerated more) but the flip side is it can look cliquey, and when newcomers join in the beanter it doesnt always go down that well. Or may be pushed too far.
  • So is it all going teets-up at the other place?

and for the second time where is Cheesey?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Might have to pop over in disguise and have a gander :twisted:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Mike Deere
    Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
    UK-MTB was one of the places that appeared when the MBUK forum closed and this place opened up. Mostly due to a mass displacement of members. UKMB.net is doing pretty well though.
  • supersonic
    I think a consortium is about to make a take over bid ;-)
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    I was a pretty regular poster over there but hadn't logged on for a couple of weeks, so I was surprised when I went back in at the number of handbags flying around ... amazing!

Did someone make an off-colour comment about Fozzies new non-single status? Or can't he be bothered now he's got a life? Fair play to him, he did a great job setting up the forums when our old home disappeared.
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    I guess when most of the discussion and posts are not bike orientated then maybe the forum has ran it's course?
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • What's going to happen now then?
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    What i want to know is, i was meant to be goin on a forum ride with some of the guys from that forum but bugger me if i can get in touch with any of them now that uk-mtb is closed :x
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    What i want to know is, i was meant to be goin on a forum ride with some of the guys from that forum but bugger me if i can get in touch with any of them now that uk-mtb is closed :x

CP the link and go there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown