Anyone tried these lights from Edinburgh Bike Cooperative?

RSV_Ecosse
RSV_Ecosse Posts: 237
edited September 2008 in Workshop
These ones:-

Revolution Vision Light Set

£19.95 for the set.

I'm popping through there tomorrow for one of their Stow Light Rucksacks :-

Revolution Stow Light

......and was going to pick up a set of those lights while I was through.

Anyone tried these before?.
Ethernet (noun): Something used to catch the etherbunny.
Road : Pinarello FP1 | MTB : Cube Acid 2010

Comments

• k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Nope, but I did buy one of the rucksacks last week and it's great. A decent size and very comfortable to ride with - you can feel the air circulating around your back so it works really well to stop you getting too warm.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Thanks k-dog.

I was through there last week in Edinburgh and whilst I was in had a look at the Stow Light rucksack. Looked good, should have just bought one at the time as I think the price has only just gone up from £29.95 to £34.95.

The pouch inside for the bladder, what size is it?. Will it take a 2L bladder ok or is it smaller?.
  • k-dog
    Sorry, I haven't a clue - but I can have a look in the morning and see how big it looks (left it in my office over the weekend).

I'm glad I bought mine on Thursday as I saved myself £5 - just nipped in and grabbed one on my way back from a meeting at the Astlie Ainslie Hospital - so I was passing the door.
  • Cheers.

I'll be heading through there tomorrow sometime after rush hour is finished, probably nip through on the bike ( motorbike!! ).

The missus is dreading me going through as I made the mistake of telling her after my first visit last week that it was a fantastic shop and I could easily spend a fortune in there. 8)

So she's happier that I'm not taking the car, although you know these days you can get a fair bit of kit inside an expanded Oxford Humpback Tankbag. :D
  • k-dog
    ^ and obviously if you're buying a rucksack you'll obviously have to fill that as well.
  • Did you get the lights - any good?
    ============================================

FCN is minimal as I don't see many bikes on the way to work
  • Hi m8,

Yes, got them.

First impressions, they look good.

Well made, sturdy but not heavyweight. Fitting was a doddle.

Front one shines a nice crisp superwhite light from the LED. Press the rubber recessed button on the rear of the light and it switches on and stays on. Press it again and it flashes very quickly "strobe like" on and off. Pressing a third time switches it off.

I've not tried these in the dark yet, but will be doing so on Monday morning on my commute.

Rear light can be mounted horizontally or vertically. Again, first prod of the button switches on, then there are 4 different strobe effects from the LED's.

So yeah, first impressions are very good, the proof of the pudding will be how they are in actual use in low light conditions.

I dunno if these are "be seen" or "see your way" type lights, at the price I would guess the former applies, but I'll report back on Monday and let you know. The guys at the shop rate them extremely highly anyway.

Can't really complain at £19.95 for the set, great value for the cash. 8)

Oh....and got the Stowlight rucksack too. What a cracking little bit of kit it is!!!. Best thing I've bought for the bike yet.
  • Thanks for the update. I need 'be seen' lights rather than 'seeing' lights so they could be OK but I think I will get a second pair of rear lights as well

• k-dog
    You have a dark commute in Edinburgh this time of year? You must leave really early. I don't even get up in the dark.

I'm only using lights at the moment for when I work late - 7pm is pushing it but it's definitely gloomy enough to warrant them by 8.

Few more weeks and it'll be 5 though...

Sorry, never got round to posting the bladder size - I looked but don't have a clue about these things being a roadie basically.

But you bought one anyway and I'm sure you'll be pleased with it - mine is great.
  • Yes k-dog, the rucksack is excellent.

I've got a 1.5 L bladder in there now, the 2 L ones were a tad on the big side, in fact, a 1 L bladder would be the ideal fit for the Stowlight sack, especially if you really want to carry a reasonable amount of other stuff in it.

I am out the door and on the bike by 06:00am in order to arrive at work for @07:00am in plenty time to get showered, changed into uniform and have a bite to eat or a recovery drink. Dayshift we start on duty at 08:00am. It's pretty black at 06:00am, hence the need for lights for me, totally forgot to purchase a set when I had a list of things to buy a few weeks ago.

Not in Edinburgh m8, I commute from Falkirk to Alloa. :)

We were late back from a shout last week when I went in on the bike and by the time I got on the road, once I got to 4 or 5 miles from home, all other traffic had "lit up" and I was really wishing I had lights fitted. 8)
  • k-dog
    Yeah, I did that a few weeks ago - didn't get away until 8:30 and I had no lights and was even wearing sunglasses - didn't want to put my new Oakleys in my pocket as I didn't have anything to put them in.

Carrying lights now just in case.
  • I bought the Vision light set at £19.95 and I am very pleased with it.

I think I might get a brighter (1 LED) front light as well so I can have one flashing and one static. Th erear light is excellent and vfery bright and fitting was very easy.