Pearson touche or Langster 07/08

brownbosh
brownbosh Posts: 602
edited September 2008 in Workshop
Hi has anyone got a 58 or 60 cm pearson touche? If so can reply quoting which size and give measurements for the seat tube BB centre to top and both actual and horizontal top tube measurements stem centre to seatpost centre Please?

For the langster i just want the actual top tube length centre to centre for 58 and 60 please.

Neither of these particular measurements specified on the respective sites!

Ta
Drowned rat!

Comments

• Gav2000
    Gav2000 Posts: 408
    The geometry of the Langster is available on the Specialized site;

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCGeometryPopup.jsp?spid=32712

I have the 61cm version, I'm 6'3" with a 35" inside leg (for trouser purposes). I have found the 61cm version a little long for me and have fitted a shorter stem.

Gavin,
    Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
    Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
    Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
    You'll hear about him ever'where you go.
  • The geometry is there but not the specific measurement that i asked for. They measure only a virtual horizontal top tube. :cry:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    What do you need the "actual top tube length" for? The TT is sloping, so the "actual length" means nothing - the horizontal (virtual) TT length is the most important.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I have the tube angles etc and i need to reproduce an exact drawing to map over my cr1 'map' owing to several complicated back issues. Im not waisting my cash as ive had a bianchi which had to go purely because of the sizing being 8mm further out than can be taken up in a changed stem or sliding the saddle. Those who dont have the issues plus several pinned bits wouldnt understand because they dont have to! Since i have bought 3 bikes in this way i have not gone wrong so it is a method i will continue with!!!!!
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    I've just measured my '07 61cm Langster frame and it's 578mm centre to centre, measured along the sloping toptube. I measured outside to outside then got the vernier on the head and seat tubes and subtracted half of each, so that's accurate not a best guess.

I'm 6'2", 34" inside leg and it's a tad big for me, but this was deliberate as I wanted to run it with a fast-steering 90mm stem and stumpy courier bars for hooligan handling, which it achieves with aplomb.
  • Many thanks for that.
  • Gav2000
    Gav2000 Posts: 408
    robbarker wrote:
    I'm 6'2", 34" inside leg and it's a tad big for me, but this was deliberate as I wanted to run it with a fast-steering 90mm stem and stumpy courier bars for hooligan handling, which it achieves with aplomb.

That sounds very much like my purchasing decision, they're great fun aren't they! :D

I have a 90mm stem, tri/bullhorn bars and TT brake levers in the end of the bars. Another good point for me is that with the largest frame I don't need 400mm of seatpost showing.
    Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
    Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
    Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
    You'll hear about him ever'where you go.