shimano to campag change over

TheGreatGatsby
TheGreatGatsby Posts: 818
edited September 2008 in Workshop
I am rebuilding my Pinarello that currently has a most chainset and sh!t-man-NO! other bits to campag mirage and was just wondering what specific tools I need for the swap?

I have the cassette tools for both, the Ultratorque spanner thing, a standard BB removal thing, but will I need both the campy and standard chain removal tool?

Is there anything else that I have'th thought of?

GAts

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Gats, you shouldn't need any more tools. Use a regular chain splitter and fit a 10 speed quick link like KMC to your Campagnolo chain, or just fit a KMC chain - it's so much less aggro.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • A Shimano-equipped Pinarello?? Sacrilegious!!

Yeah I second the connector link option. I've had great results with the reuseable wippermann connex link.

What Pinarello is it? I put down a deposit on a cool 2007 F3:13 a month or two back. I can't wait to get my hands on it... :D
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    A Shimano-equipped Pinarello?? Sacrilegious!!

I know.......but most of the Pinarellos come with Shimano as standard......what a way to let a quality brand.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • yeah its only my commuter/winter hack its a pinarello Angliru so pretty basice but its been wrecked over the last year so am rebuilding it whilst I'm healing ready for this winter as I will be retiring my Italian Super model until the Spring.

Gats
  • fiveohheaders010.jpg

Angle_Grinder.jpg

Should see you right.