Scale 80 Vs Cannondale F4 Z??

wilbo83
wilbo83 Posts: 90
edited September 2008 in MTB buying advice
I would be grateful for anyones opinions on my choice to buy either a Scott Scale 80, Scale 70 or a Cannondale F4 Z (non head shok). Also if anyone has other suggestions for a bike in the £500 range. I am looking to ride cross country and possibly compete in a few rides / races throughout the season.

Currently the Scott is my number one choice due to owning a Scott Tacana many years ago but would be willing to change.

Thanks

Comments

• mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    If going for Scott you might be better off with an Aspect 20, which I think is the "older" version of the Scale and you'll get more for your money. Or you may get lucky with a 2007 Scale 50 for a little bit more cash.

Can't comment on the Cannondale as I've not seen/ ridden one.
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    edited September 2008
    Aspect is more solidly built and for a different use to the Scale [is actually the newer version of the reflex].

The Scales are lightweight [though not by much] hence the components [v brakes over hydro disc].

I have the Aspect 20 and really like it, great frame.
  • I thought that the aspect was a more solidly built hardtail and therfore for general trail use whereas i am after something light to ride singletrack and occasionally race. Thanks for your points confirming this, if i did want an all rounder i would certainly consider the aspect also.
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    Sorry about confusing the Aspect and Reflex (it's been a few months since I looked) - I remembered one of them was comparable to the Scale but cheaper :)