Shimano DX Shoes - non SPD

armchair.pimp
armchair.pimp Posts: 93
edited September 2008 in MTB buying advice
..anyone got these? what are your thoughts about them? are there issues with sizing/fit etc? do they grip well?

Cheers for your help

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Dont know about the Shimanoshoes, but lots of folks really rate the 5:10 shoes. Including myself.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • dmr-kev
    dmr-kev Posts: 49
    i've got some and love them. They grip really well and the fit is very good.
    2012 CAAD10 RS80 C24

Felt rxc pro,Pace RC31,Hope Pro2, DT Swiss 4.2d,XTR,mono minis,Thomson,Ritchey WCS,fizik,Easton monkeylite sl,speedking supersonics,and my 2 Titanium/Ceramic hip replacements!

Custom Langster Fixie
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    Ive just got them, and i think theyre great. normally a size 9 and they fit fine, well grippy on my v8s
  • I have the spd version, really comfy, the only fault is they take ages to dry out when they get wet and end up a bit stinky!
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    What size are you? as i might have a new boxed pair of size 9 for sale.

Steve
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!
  • Steve.. I'm a size 8 but I've read that depending on foot shape you might need to order a size up anyway... drop me an e-mail with price? Cheers
  • ratty2k wrote:
    Dont know about the Shimanoshoes, but lots of folks really rate the 5:10 shoes. Including myself.

yeah I've had a look at them but I've set myself about a £40 limit...
  • I have the spd version, really comfy, the only fault is they take ages to dry out when they get wet and end up a bit stinky!

Agree with the above, also a little hot in summer (if we ever get any) but other wise a good shoe, Cat try the nappy tip in the magazines of late, I have been doing this for years and it works a treat, (could have got myself some free stuff had I suggested it however!)
  • I've just become an Uncle so I've nabbed a couple of nappies to try!