fastest ever

boybiker
boybiker Posts: 531
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Having said in an earlier post that anything over 40 scares the crap out of me, I hit 46 on the way home this afternoon going downhill with a strange lack of traffic,i got into top gear although I was mashing rather that spinning it was eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
all the way down the hill.

God I just love this cycling lark its better than sex....almost well O.K its better than sex with me :roll:
The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
FCN :- -1
Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me

Comments

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    boybiker wrote:
    O.K its better than sex with me :roll:

Have you tried improving your technique - i'm sure there must be a lot of helpful manuals :wink:
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • boybiker
    I think the trouble is I got my bike maintainance manual mixed up with my sex manual and tried to change the cassette on someone :(:(
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

Locknut goooood
    Huge spanner gooooooooooooooood

Chain whip gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
  • If I got anywhere near 46mph I would start to worry about the clueless buffoon that keeps tinkering with my bike and whether or not I trust his random tightening up of any bolts or spokes he thinks might need it.

Replaced my front brake pad/blocks last week, I think I will look for some particularly flat rides for a while :oops: .

He also has a damn sight more sex manuals than bike manuals and doesnt have any bike manuals on DVD :oops: .
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    yea its been far too long since the last time i did 48mph instead of being stuck inside 12-26mph. still id say roadie cycling definitely cannot be compared to anything else.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I bottle out at anything over 35~40mph, though I did register 38mph on my new Lidl computer when trying the sensor with the old magnet on my wheel :wink:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    boybiker wrote:
    I think the trouble is I got my bike maintainance manual mixed up with my sex manual and tried to change the cassette on someone :(:(
    I'd hate to see how you 'ride' your bike...
  • boybiker
    Nuggs wrote:
    boybiker wrote:
    It was going OK until I tried to find the G spot on my saddle :cry:
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    boybiker wrote:
    God I just love this cycling lark its better than sex....almost well O.K its better than sex with me :roll:

Have you tried involving another person?

Bob
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    boybiker wrote:
    Nuggs wrote:
    boybiker wrote:
    It was going OK until I tried to find the G spot on my saddle :cry:

<Swiss Toni>

You see, riding a bike is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First, flick though some magazines to see which type you prefer....

</Swiss Toni>

:wink:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • swagman
    swagman Posts: 115
    In my youth i hit 62mph, and me and my mate managed 42mph on mountain bikes off road before we got to the barrier at the bottom of the hill.
    Last year i was very pleased to record 80kmh on my fully loaded touring bike while coming down a very big hill in Spain.
  • boybiker wrote:

Can anyone else either confirm or refute that assertion?
    Bikes are traffic.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    boybiker wrote:
    Having said in an earlier post that anything over 40 scares the crap out of me, I hit 46 on the way home this afternoon going downhill with a strange lack of traffic,i got into top gear although I was mashing rather that spinning it was eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    all the way down the hill.

Does your mother know about this (the 46 I mean) :wink:
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....