A worry, and a Cannondale Rush

ImprezaRob
ImprezaRob Posts: 665
edited August 2008 in XC and Enduro
I recently bought a massively reduced Giant Glory FR frameset from Pauls cycles. I have a 6" Ellsworth Moment, but a rush of blood and suprise at the cheap price led me to buying the Giant.

It has arrived, and I've already put on the Rock Shox Totem forks and the odds and sods I have lying around. It's going to be a nice build that wont have cost me more than £1100 to build up, but I'm worried im going to be overbiked.

My moment isnt a light build - maybe 34-35lb's so I'm worried I have two bikes that are pretty 'close' to each other.

Does anyone else on here own a 8" DH/FR rig? How often do you get to use it? Whereabouts?

I havnt ridden the glory yet - I'm waiting to get the cranks fitted, but Im already wandering if I'm better off putting some beefier tyres, and Avid Codes on the Moment and buying something along the lines of a Cannondale Rush 4 instead of the Giant? Light & Fast which really appeals.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I've seen the Cannondales reduced to around £1400, so could sell the Giant and not have to pay out too much for the Rush.

Could you please share your experiences/thoughts?

Thanks chaps.

Rob