F***ING ROAD BIKERS

JumperSimon14
JumperSimon14 Posts: 284
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I was just having a bit of fun on my BMX in the street and 3 road bikers came and like tried to copy what i was doing by jumping off the curb and shouting out "I F***ing had him" and i was just thinking to myself watching them wave their fingers at me and acting so gay and listening to them trying to be cocky. I felt like shouting something but as I'm only 15 and was on my own in my own quiet little village i thought i'd better not.

Quite a lot of roadies are alright but its just those few who give the whole biking and bikers a bad name and stuff like that.
Giant XTC 2.5 '08
Felt Virtue 3 '10
Giant Defy 2 '11
Giant Terrago Disc '07 - Convereted for CX
Fit Team Park Bmx '08

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    you should probably change the title to f'ing pr*cks...
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    well say that 10% of the population are d1cks then 10% of road bikers are d1cks hell even 10% of BMX riders are d1cks. try not to let people get you down or even affect how you judge people by what they are riding or look like.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • LOL more than 10% of bmx riders are d1cks
    Giant XTC 2.5 '08
    Felt Virtue 3 '10
    Giant Defy 2 '11
    Giant Terrago Disc '07 - Convereted for CX
    Fit Team Park Bmx '08
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    tossers - I'd have sworn at them, but made sure I had a speedy exit route planned. In fact no I'd have just called them tossers, then got off the bike and they'd have pissed off. For you, a speedy exit immediately after calling them twats would have been better.
  • Yahoobedoo
    Yahoobedoo Posts: 109
    ...... I felt like shouting something but as I'm only 15 and was on my own in my own quiet little village i thought i'd better not. .........

Or inwardly chuckle to yourself at the ways of the world and it's guests and then go back to doing your own 'thang.

Life is short - my recipe for a long life? - Smile :D
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    How the feck is he gonna outrun roadies on a bmx :shock:

Only thing to do is get off, stand up for yourself, then laugh as they can't fight in spuds.

Unless you can ride like in BMX Bandits :wink:
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Sounds quite funny to me, but if it made you feel bad then you should've shouted something. At least you'd feel better about it. Nothing wrong in dishing some out (in return to their jibes) :lol: but best to do so while smiling I find.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Nodnol
    Nodnol Posts: 168
    I found that quite funny, but then I do have a taste for sarcastic humour...

Still, if you felt uncomfortable, let 'em have it. What's the worst that can happen?
  • KB8
    KB8 Posts: 123
    The people that really wind me up are the ones who go round with their jeans tucked in their socks & wearing halfords helmets hanging off the backs of their heads.

GODDAMN they're the ones who give bikers bad names, can't keep the bike straight, ride in the middle of the road & and just look ridiculous.
  • cambo
    cambo Posts: 125
    The kid's 15, he won't understand bmx bandits....

mmm, nicole kidman...
  • Dont worry too much pal, After all the roadies are all future organ doners. You dont often see us Off roaders get run over by cars/lorrys although i do have a tendency to have trees jump out at me from nowhere!!!!!!! :lol:
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • This thread keeps on rearing its head on quite a regular basis I have observed!! Probably the thread title I guess.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    How could a road bike possibly perform BMX stunts? :?
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    missmarple wrote:
    How could a road bike possibly perform BMX stunts? :?

It could...but only once.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    I wonder how many times they need to try that before their wheels are wrecked
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP