Wild Wales Challenge

big dunk
big dunk Posts: 49
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Anyone dumb enough to ride this this beast, :cry: I was duped into signing an application in march by a so called mate!Just got the route through the post, no bulky gros,thank god,but,it looks like it's going to hurt.We are all camping from tommorow which is nice :roll: I am assured it will be a"good laugh"Ha,ha,arrrghh :wink: see you there if you want to spead the fun!!!!

Comments

• robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2008
    big dunk wrote:
    no bulky gros,thank god!

Aha, I see you may be having some difficulty with our beautiful language. Allow me to help you by suggesting some useful phrases that you may like to try:

Shwmae, Dunk (or your name) dw i - dwi'n Sais twp!

(Pronounced Shou-my (shou as in should) Dunk (or your name) doo ee, doo een sice toupp (again pronounce ou as it is in should)

This means "Hello, I'm Dunk, pleased to meet you!"

Here's one to try on any female competitors you may meet:

"Shwmae - dych chi'n hyll iawn! Dw i eisiau cysgu gyda chi!"

(Shou-my - dich (ch as in loch) cheen houlth (ou as in should again) yown - Doo ee ayshare kussgee guhda chee!)

This means - Hi! Do you mind if I ride with you for a bit?

And finally, here's a useful one for the bar:

"Ga fi peint o drwnc os gwelych yn dda!" (Gar vee paynt or drounk (ou as in should again) oss gwelluch (ch as in loch) unn thar (th as in these)

As you may guess, this is simply asking for a pint.

Hope these help - have fun!
  • bob1965
    bob1965 Posts: 27
    Where are you going to cycle?? what part of Wales? One thing is as lest the weather is going to be nice enjoy your self..
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    me me - I am doing it. I also have problems pronouncing alot of the climbs and places around wales tho..

The Bwlch Y Groes? I am sure it translates to fu#*ing Bas7ard
    cartoon.jpg
  • pugwashcp
    pugwashcp Posts: 120
    Just finished sorting the gearing on my bike ready for the weekend. I've tackled the last couple of WWCs with a triple but this year it's out of commission. That leaves the double (compact) so I've whipped off the Dura-ace mech and cassette and replaced it with an XT mech and 12-34 cassette from one of my mountain bikes. Slapped on a new chain, fiddled for a bit and now it's ready to rock and roll :D

Running 9 speed gear makes it sooooo much easier to chop and change!!

I'm really looking forward to it now. Myself, my good lady wife, 11 month old daughter, the in-laws and two dogs are taking the campervan and a caravan down and having a family weekend by the lake. Hoping to get in a spot of fishing, a walk in the hills, a couple of BBQ's and about 8 hours (hopefully!!) riding up and down crappy little lanes in the middle of nowhere with a ma-hoosive grin on my face......proper bliss!!! :D
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its a great event. Hard, but great.

Stout walking shoes are useful for bits !
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    rob , clasur !
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    T.C. wrote:
    rob , clasur !

:wink: