XC Race Courses

Yukon Lad
Yukon Lad Posts: 423
edited August 2008 in XC and Enduro
I might want to start doing a couple of beginners XC races but don't know what an XC course comprises of, e.g technical elements, drops e.t.c

Am just confused, tried doing a search but couldn't find anything,

THanks, Yukon Lad :)
Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
Kona Stab Deluxe 2008

Comments

• Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    xc race courses are unlikely to have drops. Where are you based? Then we might be able to refer you to a local race series.
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    If you are in Scotland then the courses tend to have quite a bit of technicality, certainly enough to make a novice rider dismount. They also usually have a fair bit of fireroad, undulating singletrack, sharp climbs and steep downhills which get muddy and slippy.

I havent really raced in England, but the courses are generally considered to be less technical.
  • Yukon Lad
    Yukon Lad Posts: 423
    i am in cumbria, have seen some videos but thought there was something like that. So is endurance and skill what you need for it.

As you can guess i am a novice so will most likely end up in last place because i am also quite unfit and don't have a light bike either (full-sus) and at the mo have no money to spend on cutting down weight.

Thanks, Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • 320DMsport
    320DMsport Posts: 306
    Hi Yukon,

I'm cumbria based, have a look at GMBC.co.uk

It's a XC in Grizedale, it's 40 miles this year but attracts about 600 riders from XC whippets to fun riders out with mates taking 6 hours to do it.

Good event for us locals, Sam Houghton chllenge is good but that's be and gone.

Entries close by 1st September on GMBC o be quick.

You won't be last.