TT rac results

Mark Alexander
Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
In this day of the internet, is the 2 week rule to post race results still relevant?
I have noticed that laptops are increasingly being used and results are on the CCT site sometimes it seems, the next day but definitely by the day after that.

Should it take even a week?

Just to add, I have not had that responsibility yet so can't see the other side.
http://twitter.com/mgalex
www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Should it take even a week?

Just to add, I have not had that responsibility yet so can't see the other side.
    When I organised TT's I aimed to get the results sheet in the post by the following Mon / Tue so the riders would have them well within the week - just needs a bit of organising and a willing tongue (for the envelopes of course :wink: ).

The worst I've experienced is getting a result sheet for a TT I did in March this year...................in July!! :evil:
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    I'm surprised if Clifton CC (bike club in York) doesn't have them up by the time I get back from the TT!
    At the very latest the end of the next day.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    A lot of the bike races arent run by people used to laptops though are they ? Old guard and all that.
  • I just emailed a result sheet to CTT and WCA tonight, as well as to all the entrants who have an email address. approx 1/3 of a 50 strong field have no email address, so it's always going to take about a week at best to get the fnal results to everyone. So, Mark pull your finger out and organise one next year! There is such a long waiting list you know... :wink: