i could do with some new disk brakes - edited

JumperSimon14
JumperSimon14 Posts: 284
edited July 2008 in MTB buying advice
at the moment i have juicy 3's and they are causing me trouble everytime i ride.

i am now looking at formula oro's but do they hve pad contact adjustment?

i would like pad contact point adjustment with good power but smooth braking.

any suggestions?

thanks
Giant XTC 2.5 '08
Felt Virtue 3 '10
Giant Defy 2 '11
Giant Terrago Disc '07 - Convereted for CX
Fit Team Park Bmx '08

Comments

• im also in a similar situation, had a bit of an accident (could of beeen alot worse then a few cuts) last friday as my disk brakes practically failed on me after doing a jump to downhill technical section on my local route.

done it 100 times with brakes, so was a bit messy when i realised i was going head first into trees!
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    at the moment i have juicy 3's and they are causing me trouble everytime i ride.

i have been looking at juicy 7's and hayes stroker trail's

i would like pad contact point adjustment with good power but smooth braking.

any suggestions?

thanks

What sort of trouble?

With Juicys you are likely to have the same trouble no matter what model you use as they all use the some alignment system assuming it is something to do with that.... The pad contact on the 7's is a great feature though, I have them on my stumpy and love it but I am forever tweaking the setup to stop rubbing etc.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • yeah they are always rubbing and making a really annoying skeak when i ride and the rotors seem to bend where ever i go, so it looks like i should try something different to avid
    Giant XTC 2.5 '08
    Felt Virtue 3 '10
    Giant Defy 2 '11
    Fit Team Park Bmx '08
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    Cant say I have ever had the rotor issue, infact the hope floating rotors are some of the most annoying for staying true that I have come across though its worth it for the pimp looks!

The Formula Oros are getting rave reviews so it may be worth checking them out, they should give you all the power you need.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I've never had an issue with the floating rotors, they tend to have a little lateral play, but generally I never find it annoying...
  • i am thinking of getting some XT's or Oro K24's
    Giant XTC 2.5 '08
    Felt Virtue 3 '10
    Giant Defy 2 '11
    Fit Team Park Bmx '08