The one problem with the sunny weather...

dan1983
dan1983 Posts: 314
edited July 2008 in MTB general
Chavs :twisted:

Comments

• sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    And having a Hubby going down with sunstroke halfway round the Tarw :evil: ..had to cut off a 1/4 of the ride.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    and sweating out more than you put in, 3 litres gone with 5 miles still to go, got in and drank 2 pints straight away :shock:

so hubbys ok now? what is sunstroke though, is it lack of fluid or getting too hot? or something else?
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    are chavs the topless folk with the bassball caps, shiny coloured trainers and walk like they've poo'd themselves, like the i'm well ard walk?
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Sunstroke is gettin too hot and not drinking enough, it made him sick as a dog and gave him an awful headache....he's still not 100% 4 days later, still getting over hot :(.
    Had to miss out on a ride today coz it would kill him if he went out again...poor lad :(
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    dust getting everywhere,no matter what dry lube you use
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • Bossangel
    Bossangel Posts: 164
    Personally i like the dry hot weather, it dries out the really deep puddles that try to go over the top of your wheels. Makes up for riding in the rain and wind the rest of the year. @ Sparrowlegs78 some people try to ride when its a bit cooler in the day and that seems to work well for them. They reckon that if your not able to take the mid day sun stay in doors from 11am to 5pm. Hope the man gets better soon.
    Lots of walkers out today and even saw a couple of girls in bikinis on bikes which was nearly more of a hazard than the mid day sun
    Why use brakes? Falling off is a much quicker way to stop
  • Prowlus
    Prowlus Posts: 539
    dust is probably the biggest enemy of mtbs in this weather . Ended up washing my full susses everytime I came back home to prevent it accumulating in the internals
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    dunker yes they're the ones! and usually carrying a can of fosters / cheap cider.

they're also the teenage girls dressed in illuminous pink tops squating by a main bridleway having a p155, telling you to look the other way (i was already looking at the ground so apparantly had to stare at the sky). Lovely girls!! :?
  • Markmjh
    Markmjh Posts: 415
    dunker wrote:
    are chavs the topless folk with the bassball caps, shiny coloured trainers and walk like they've poo'd themselves, like the i'm well ard walk?

That's them!
    you just forgot hands down front of pants keeping hold of the jewels!
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Well I had to rescue an 18 stone lass from drowning yesterday!

Was doing the rescue boat at our local Regatta and she fell in. Not easy dragging someone like that into a rescue boat but managed it in the end.

No chavs this way though - they all go to Newquay. :lol::lol:

I love this weather - just escape in a boat, find a secluded "boat only" beach and have a nice swim :D:D Or get up early for a surf or an MTB ride :D:D
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    was up at 5am last weekend for a ride from leeds to ilkley all off road. Its great to have weather that you can get out early b4 all the crazys get out and about. as for the dust, its better than mud to clean.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    I purposely stayed out for a few more hours yesterday just because I could! To hell with the missus having a go at me when i return 6 hours later :D
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    was up at 5am last weekend for a ride from leeds to ilkley all off road. Its great to have weather that you can get out early b4 all the crazys get out and about. as for the dust, its better than mud to clean.

Did Guiseley out over Ilkley Moor and down into Ilkley yesterday [then on to Otley and back up the Chevin road to Guiso].

Can't believe how many chavs there were in the river, the local poshies must hate the sun coming out!! :lol:

Good ride though, even with the ignorant, wont say hello back walkers on the top!
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    bells0 wrote:

Did Guiseley out over Ilkley Moor and down into Ilkley yesterday [then on to Otley and back up the Chevin road to Guiso].

Can't believe how many chavs there were in the river, the local poshies must hate the sun coming out!! :lol:

Good ride though, even with the ignorant, wont say hello back walkers on the top!

i went form pudsey to carvaly then down along the canal then up to the top of bingly moor down hte other side and up to ilkley moor, play arnound on hte trails up there to get sweaty and muddy. ( front wheel got stuck in a deep bog and went over the bars in to it :P )
    then down in to ilkley ( paeeing a learner driver on the hill down) then in to the M&S dripping bog muck and sweat every where to get some chock milk and hten on to hte train where every one gives me a wide birth. happy days.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    bells0 wrote:

i went form pudsey to carvaly then down along the canal then up to the top of bingly moor down hte other side and up to ilkley moor, play arnound on hte trails up there to get sweaty and muddy. ( front wheel got stuck in a deep bog and went over the bars in to it :P )
    then down in to ilkley ( paeeing a learner driver on the hill down) then in to the M&S dripping bog muck and sweat every where to get some chock milk and hten on to hte train where every one gives me a wide birth. happy days.

Sounds like a good day mate. Did the Moor about 3 weeks ago, the bogs were awful. Glad it was almost dried yesterday, made the going a lot easier!!

Live in Thackley, so am often down on the canal path - more so now the girlfriend has started riding.