Betty Swollocks

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited July 2008 in The Crudcatcher
How warm is it today (and tonight?!) Nearly fainted earlier, but the lager is nearly chilled now ;-)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I know, it's actually horribly warm here.

It was much, much hotter than this in France and I was fine in full armour, but it's just so muggy here, that just walking to the fridge to get a beer leaves me dripping with sweat :shock:
  • supersonic
    I am having to peel body parts off other body parts lol
  • Anonymous
    ugh, one swollock stuck to each betty leg, huh? :lol:

I have just been eating a big bowl of ice cream. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I've also put a load of ice cubes in the freezer so I can three-quarters fill my camelback with ice tomorrow - Coed y Brenin gets nasty in this kind of weather!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    been 32 out here today.

too much.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Farenheit? :lol:
  • supersonic
    Hehe. Must be 20 odd (c) here at the minute. mum is having a little party, so I am stealing all the food (and beer!). Cheese with jalopeno peppers, mmmm.
  • nicklouse
    yesterday I chopped up a small mellon and put the "flesh" into a container and drowned in in Rum.

Mmmmmm that was good.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Anonymous
    Nick, sorry, but I refuse to believe you're in Sweden anymore.

I had this fairytale view of Sweden in my head (from watching rallies) where it was ALWAYS covered in snow, dammit!

now you would have ruined it, but I choose to reject your reality, and substitute my own, so you therefore do not live in Sweden anymore (in my head)
    :lol:
  • nicklouse
    too much Myth busters.
    Swedish plates.

img2599js0.th.jpg

and not that long ago

img2381yw3.jpg
  • Anonymous
    you lie like a cheap chinese watch
    [fingers in ears] la la la la la la la la[/fingers in ears]
    :lol::lol:
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    I seem to remember the Swedish Arctic been somewhat warm when I was in KIruna exactly a year ago today. The 4 previous days without darkness did send me a bit doolally mind :?
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • Anonymous
    you should try working in a studio, where there's no windows. you can have two weeks solid of not seeing daylight, and not having any reference of what time of day it is, then finding yourself - overnight - confused by having sunlight at the "wrong" time of day compared to your bodyclock! :lol:
  • supersonic
    My dreams busted also. Sweden = snow, blonde babes, reindeer, ray mears type people and ununpronouncabalele words.

Sun and vans?!

Ah but nick knows the homeland. God's own ;-)
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    supersonic wrote:
    My dreams busted also. Sweden = snow, blonde babes, reindeer, ray mears type people and ununpronouncabalele words.

Sun and vans?!

Ah but nick knows the homeland. God's own ;-)

Those 2 are true :D
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • nicklouse
    Fan it was hotter today.....
  • Bones!!
    Bones!! Posts: 83
    agreed SS God's own Country, But even the homeland is to damned hot today. :D
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already know the answer!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Too hot for riding anyway, spent all day eating and drinking PIMMs, 7 of us have gotten through over 4 bottles today :shock:

Had a nightmare hangover last night, think that was riding related, did a hard 13 mile ride (2000ft of climbing) yesterday evening, emptied my Camelback on the way around, had a few Buds when I got back (and I stress a few), woke up at 2:30 this morning well rough. Oh well a full English breakfast at my local farm shop (I'll have that pig over there with my toast please) followed by an all day Pimms sessions seems to have sorted it (must be all the fruit :D )
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result