Manual

xtreem
xtreem Posts: 2,965
edited July 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I don't understand why people don't read the manual of the new stuff they bought.
Some ask simple questions that the solution is in the manual.

For example when my uncle bought a mobile phone, he called me to explain how
everything works, and when he has a problem with it, he again, calls me.
And do you know how do I solve the problem?
I read the manual. :lol:

Here: how does the lockout work, the preload, pads are rubbing.......

Comments

• TBH tho, most manuals are pretty vague, and if your a noob/dont have much cycle maintenance experience it seems better to ask people on a cycling dedicated website forum to gain knowledge from more experienced riders.

I mean, i'm pretty much a noob, and i can't understand my avid juicy brake manual....therefore being unable to figure out how to get the sodding pads out!

Yes there may be similar posts now and then, but this site isn't a search engine, its supposed to be a forum were people with similar interests help each other out!!!
  • xtreem
    Not like you, but I pretty much understand the manual for the Dart2,
    and how to adjust, maintain, replace pads, on my BB5, the manual of my speedo,
    and everything else.

For example some people don't know how measure their wheel circumference. :lol:
    But in the manual it explains how, well if they read it. :lol:

At the and I don't say that it's better to read the manual than ask peoples help,
    I'm just saying read the manual first, then if you don't understand it ask someone.

Manuals are great. :D

Sorry I forgot to mention, I'm a noob too. :oops: :lol:
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Some manuals are utter crap. My speedo manual didn't even mention the model of speedo I had, and had a completely different sensor unit displayed.
  • xtreem
    Amos wrote:
    Some manuals are utter crap. My speedo manual didn't even mention the model of speedo I had, and had a completely different sensor unit displayed.
    That's why you should only buy Cateye speedos. :lol:
    And so far I've never found a bad manual, I don't know why? :?
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Aye, I use to have a Cateye speedo back in the day on my old Raleigh! It was brilliant and so easy to use.

Those were the days!
  • fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    I have to say i'm guilty of this.

New toy, play with it......until i'm stuck!!!!

Then ten mins undoing all the stuff i messed up by not knowing what i'm doing :(

I'm a numpty but harmless
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!