The root of the problem

Bikedevil
Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
edited July 2008 in The Crudcatcher
So today being a more than nice day I went on a bit of a quest to try and find some hidden trails that I'd be told a while back to check out by the guys that built them.
After slogging it out for about an hour in the midday heat pedalling uphill on my Stinky I literally fell upon them (my trail-dar spidey sense took me down a random track and there they were!!)

All was looking to be a cracking afternoon getting to know these trails as they are really sweet and flowly downhill with lots of natural berms etc and really well built.

But oh no, on my first rolling run to see what was lurking around each corner, in order to avoid my escapade form earlier in the week that ended up with me in a bush, a small biro sized heather root tried to hitch a ride in my mech and promptly tore it off aswell as taking 3 spokes with it... [/insert appropriate profanity/expletives here]

Luckily, I locked the back wheel up and managed to save the rest of my spokes form the same fate.

now I have no bikes to ride and ergo nothing to do with my days until at least October... by which point it'll be about 3 months until I even get a chance to ride these trails again. :(

Also, apologies to the builders for leaving a very long skid mark, it was that or lose the wheel.

That's now both bikes (BMX had a bad encounter with a transition at the beginning of June) out of action for the rest of the summer.

Anyone any idea how much it'll cost me to get 3 spokes replaced? If it was the front wheel I could do it myself but its not and I don't have a dishing tool.
Brought to you by:
Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Spokes & a retrue from about £10

Gear hanger bent? £20 or so to replace

Mech bent? as much as you want to spend from £20 up
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    My lbs charged £17 plus £1.99 per spoke, bit of a p1ss take really when he replaced black spokes with silver, muppet. :?
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    ah the beauty of working in a bike shop 20p a spoke and true and dish myself, unlucky aswell man, always happens when your having fun
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)