Torq Recovery Drinks?

Gavin Gilbert
Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
I'm starting serious training again after an 18 month lay-off for a series of injuries. It's been suggested to me that I need to find a good recovery drink as I'm also trying to shift that nagging 6 kilos of weight.

I'm trying to avoid E-Numbers and after a little research like the look of the Torq Recovery formula? Has anyone used this?

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    It's been suggested to me that I need to find a good recovery drink as I'm also trying to shift that nagging 6 kilos of weight.
    Not sure these two are entirely related. When I am focussing on weight loss I try not to take in too many KCals in energy/recovery drinks so that I can skew the calories in/out towards weight loss.

'tho I do tlike their products. Used boith the bars & gels. And the idea of natural products can only be good.
    Rich
  • Gavin Gilbert
    I need to refuel as soon as I get of the bike - there's only a 15 minute window to do so and I need to stretch-out during this period too. Hence a drink is the quickest method.
  • idaviesmoore
    idaviesmoore Posts: 557
    I'm starting serious training again after an 18 month lay-off for a series of injuries. It's been suggested to me that I need to find a good recovery drink as I'm also trying to shift that nagging 6 kilos of weight.

I'm trying to avoid E-Numbers and after a little research like the look of the Torq Recovery formula? Has anyone used this?

Yeah V. Good but won't help you lose weight. I use the recovery stuff and the gels and they're both spot on
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    That 15 minute window is a bit misleading IMO. The length of that window depends on who has sponsored the study.

With regard to Torq recovery it is the best i have tried (I have tried a few). If losing weight is your aim, make sure you keep an eye on your daily calorie intake.
  • stevejmo7
    stevejmo7 Posts: 69
    I used a tub of (I think) melon and something exotic - excellent stuff. This was the protein recovery not the carb type. I'd never used anything before and certainly found that the day after the long sunday ride or a hard interval session was brill - no aches and pains.
    I must say goodbye to the blindfold
    And pursue the ideal
    The planet becoming the hostess
    Instead of the meal
    Roy Harper - 'Burn the World'
  • scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Try my protein.co.uk then you can get a carbo heavy one for longer workouts, and maybe a whey only one for slightly less arduous workouts where weight loss is as important as recovery to you??
    Good luck with your recovery!
    S.
    www.thebikewhisperer.co.uk
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.
  • cacbyname
    cacbyname Posts: 285
    I tried the chocolate and orange Torq recovery drink and hated the taste. In order not to waste the tub, I started adding a couple of spoons of honey or sugar to each serving to make it drinkable which probably defeats the object.
    I soon went back to the SIS Rego - it may have E numbers but it's palatable (IMO) and half the price...
  • scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Hmm, the SIS rego is based on soy protein which I don't like at all- but it does taste nice! I think whey probably works much better, and the spectre of phyto-oetrogens has me running scared!
    YMMV!!
    S.
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    cacbyname yep the choc & orange is horrible but the mango one is quite nice.
  • Gavin Gilbert
    SunWuKong wrote:
    cacbyname yep the choc & orange is horrible but the mango one is quite nice.

great :roll:

I'm waiting on a delivery of a mix pack of the choc orange and mango...
  • Gavin Gilbert
    I can confirm the Mango slips down nicely, and the Chocolate Orange is a struggle.

Ho Hum, only 1.5kg of the foul stuff to work my way through :?
  • cacbyname
    cacbyname Posts: 285
    Think of it this way, the thought of drinking it for recovery will make you not want to go home and you'll stay out on the road riding longer to avoid it :D