E150 Fork question

paradox1509
paradox1509 Posts: 63
edited July 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
I am not convinced my E150 fork is working correctly... When i change the rebound from full firm to soft and vice versa there is only a very slight difference. The fork still rebounds quite quickly.
My LBS said when i rang them that it is normal, but the fox fork on my stumpy the rebound is very noticable

anyone else have this fork? can you advise

thx in advance

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    talk to another dealer. but i feel that something is not correct.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Took it in today and yes something was not correct, now without a bike and they said they had Ironed out all the problems for 2008 what a load of bollox! Ive only rode it a handful of times.
  • They have changed the cartridge on the air side, but still no real difference. Does anyone else have this fork? Can you comment? Thx vey much
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    I have an 08 E150 fork and when pushing down manually there is only a bit of difference between full and no rebound. However, as the fork gets more into its travel it makes a bigger difference.
  • Thx for the reply, i thought i was going mad... I have the 08 carbon frame too, i am happy with everything but it seems pointless having anything other than on/off for the rebound on the fork.

Are you happy with yours?
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Now that I understand how the fork works I'm happy.

The spike valve gives a stiffer ride over small bumps e.g. small stones/rocks on a double track but once you hit larger drops it's very plush. The adjustments do not seem to make any difference when manually pushed down but on a ride the changes are noticeable.
  • Thx for the reply, have been out and tested it on a few drops and yes I am starting to get the feel of it.

Thanks again

Rich
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Rebound and compression damping are two different things.

I have used forks in the past where the rebound adjustment range was slight to say the least. The rebound changes proportionallly to the spring rate, so more air pressure would require more rebound damping for example.

If you cannot get the rebound you require, I would agree with nick and say its buggered.