LOW2LE

BiggerBoat
BiggerBoat Posts: 168
edited July 2008 in Tour & expedition
As a long time lurker I felt it was high time I said hello. I am about to embark on my first tour with my cycling buddy. We are a couple of old roadies who fancy and adventure. We didn't want to do LEJOG but wanted to do something entirely English. We are going from the easternmost point in England (Lowestoft, Suffolk) to Land's End, westernmost point. Thus the LOW2LE name. Wish us luck and I will report back here on my return with what I have found.

Our Blog
low2le.blogspot.com

Raising some money for Cancer Research along the way
www.justgiving.com/low2le
We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
Trek Madone 5.2
Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)

Comments

• ronstrutt
    ronstrutt Posts: 3,170
    Good luck. I did this (in reverse) as part of my first LEJOG, via the four sides of Britain.

Not too bad a journey if you pick the right route.
  • BiggerBoat
    BiggerBoat Posts: 168
    Just back from this. A good little trip. 500 miles over 7 days, camping and B & B. Starting in Lowestoft with stops in or near:

Haverhill Suffolk, Aylesbury Bucks, Lambourn Berks, Glastonbury Somerset, Crediton Devon, Bodmin Cornwall, Land's End

Easy start in the flat lands, letting the hills get to you as you move west. Headwind all the way, due to most weather coming from SW. The route was mostly as the crow flies, B roads with a few A towards the end. It's a good run if you only have a week or less to spare. A most English ride!

BiggerBoat

blog: low2le@blogspot.com
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)