Shimano MTB Shoes - Sizing Enquiry

JoeW1968
JoeW1968 Posts: 16
edited June 2008 in MTB general
I am currently thinking of buying my first pair of Shimano MTB shoes.

I have looked at the sizing conversion chart on the Shimano website.

My query is - in general how do other riders feel Shimano shoes compare in sizes with "ordinary shoes"?

For example, have you found you need to buy a Shimano shoe that is slightly bigger or smaller in size than your normal ordinary footwear?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• no-mates
    no-mates Posts: 31
    I'd to go one size bigger with mine!
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    I have two pairs of Shimano shoes. One pair are very narrow and I had to go a size up on those. On the others I got a size up but could probably do with my normal size. The sizes seem to vary. Go to a shop and try some on if possible.
  • my Shimano shoes are a little tight to get into when they are not buckled up but as soon as you tighten them up they are lovely!
    But they are a size bigger than my normal shoes! (45 instead of 44!)

best bet is to try some on in a local shop if you can! gives yo a good idea as to sizing for you! (advice i got from here when i enquired!!)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • hairy_boy
    hairy_boy Posts: 345
    A size up from 'normal' for me for my recently purchased MT41 shimano's. I am a size 8 (42) but need a 43 in shimano's.
  • same again, I needed one up from normal.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    i thik i am meant to be a 44, I went for 45, but they were too tight, no 46's in stock, but ended up with 47's and they are fine.

I would go 2 sizes up personally, and make sure that if you are buying online, you can send em back for an exchange - postage back ain't cheap though.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • timeless1
    timeless1 Posts: 28
    When I got mine I went one size up after a couple of rides they are nice and comfy now