Bike Karma

Phekdra
Phekdra Posts: 137
edited June 2008 in The bottom bracket
I've recently formulated a theory based upon bike mishaps versus bike-related nice things that happen soon before or after. Take today, for instance. I've just come back from a ride during which I had my third clipless moment (that's enough thank you) due to starting off on a hill junction covered with gravel. Rear wheel spins, right foot goes straight down and and I end up in a painful, bloodied heap. Fortunately my elbow and knee protected the bike... :roll:

Now this is on the same day I wore my nice new (free) cycling jersey for the first time, and two days after I ordered a very nice pair of prescription glasses from Optilabs. Coincidence? It's not the first time that nice and nasty things occur suspiciously close together - from now on I shall be taking notes...

Phekdra

P.S. I'm about to order the parts for a new rear wheel to match the front I built last month - so expect me to get run over by a bus sometime soon! :D

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Uh oh... I'm staying in hospital next week in an attempt to allow me to ride again for the first time in 8 months. If your theory's correct, then my comeback ride will end with death.

Been nice knowing you chaps.
  • Phekdra
    whyamihere wrote:
    Uh oh... I'm staying in hospital next week in an attempt to allow me to ride again for the first time in 8 months. If your theory's correct, then my comeback ride will end with death.

Been nice knowing you chaps.

Recent evidence at this point suggests that it's more down to obtaining nice things rather than general good fortune. Just don't buy any coffee whilst you're in there. :shock:

I'm pretty sure it's a valid theory - there are plenty of recent examples - unfortunately they've all slipped my mind at this point! Once it gets published I'll post the reference here so you can all plan your rides around recent purchases!

Phekdra
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    Maybe singing about an elephant brings you bad karma :wink:

Today I went out just as the roads had dried from all the rain in the early hours. Wore my new Northwave shirt and shorts for the first time. For once everyone I past replied to my wave and shout of "good morning". I had a really good 23 mile ride. Got home and put the bike in the house, walked back to close the door and it started chucking it down :D

Red Rock
  • Phekdra
    Red Rock wrote:
    Today I went out just as the roads had dried from all the rain in the early hours. Wore my new Northwave shirt and shorts for the first time. For once everyone I past replied to my wave and shout of "good morning". I had a really good 23 mile ride. Got home and put the bike in the house, walked back to close the door and it started chucking it down :D

Red Rock

Are you my evil twin by any chance? :shock:

Phekdra