Random Question but how do i report an ideot on this site?

speshmtb
speshmtb Posts: 44
edited June 2008 in MTB general
some ideot just taken my money and not sent a thing... who do i contact to report him?

Comments

• Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    The police I guess. I think the rules of the site mean we take full responsibility for the transaction, that's why it's free.

Have a look here http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12534971 and here http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12558809
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • Sikora
    Sikora Posts: 519
    Something similar happened recently on another forum i use. I'd imagine this website will take the same stance in saying theres nothing they can do as they take no responsibility for any transactions made through the site.

Did you pay for the item through Paypal or by cheque?
    If you used Paypal, then contact them. If you paid by cheque, contact your bank immediately. If its already been cashed, Go to the police, although i doubt theres alot they can do.

How much money are we talking about if you don't mind me asking?
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Thats true if this web site does not take a fee has a result of sale.

But they do have the persons details as we all have to regiester on here
    to become a member.

What was the aggrement for parting cash for the goods.
    Did the person have so many days to send the payment?

I would complain on here first and would be good if everyone would log the
    complaint has its the last thing this site would want and would push them
    to make a connection to the persons in question.

To resolve this sale of deceit.
  • speshmtb
    well the item was Forks and Wheels,

i have noticed that he is re-advertising the wheels on a Norco he is selling

i sent the money to him Via Bank Transfer and they were £120,

there was no amount of time that i gave to send them but he did say he would send them on the following monday (money was sent on a saturday)
    anyway that was a month ago and i still havent received anything, have contacted the police (my dad is a policeman, which helps) i believe they can track his details from his bank account number, not sure what else theyl do whether its a visit or not!
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    If your dad's old bill and you live in a relatively low-crime area like Cornwall (so the police aren't too busy to do anything) then hopefully you've got a good chance of seeing justice.

Keep us posted!!
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    So whats happend, all communication being ignored? A blatent showing that your not going to get your stuff? a month is a long time though, but you will probably have to show all other options have been exausted first.

name & shame I say then follow up with the suggestions made above. The classified section here is fantastic IMO, we dont need some individuals ruining it with dishonesty.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Hey Spesh - hope you get it sorted.

Where in Cornwall are you?

There's a good club down this way.
  • speshmtb
    im based in Looe, what club are you with then? would be interested in joining you for a few rides in the summer,

if you could mail me at millzy-@hotmail.com

that would be great,

rarely get a chance to view this thread!

cheers