Decal Removal or complete respray

McV
McV Posts: 4
edited June 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Right I've decided to get abit creative with my old bike.

Its a early 2007 Carrera Vulcan Disc (the red one!) - I got it as a beginners bike and since have upgraded it somewhat - new Mavic wheels with Panaracer rubber, new SRAM drive, new Fox shocks etc etc. (Ok I know its not exactly a carbon full sus all singing all dancing bike - but it does me just fine!) :lol:

But I really think it would look alot better without the rather embarrassing CARRERA decals (think its the whole name game rather than anything else) :oops: - they've also started to look tatty.

Is there any easy to remove the decals or am I going to have to dismantle the bike and get the whole frame re-sprayed and clear coated?

Cheers in advance guys
Ride Hard - Ride Fast
Fall Off - Scars will Last

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    are they above the paint? or below?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • McV
    Think - AND REALLY HOPE - they are above the paint

Can't actually remember if they all are or not though - why does this vastly effect the ease with which I can remove them?
    Ride Hard - Ride Fast
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    If they're over the paint easy to remove, just use a hair-drier to soften the adhesive & peel away, remove any glue residue with WD40 & a bit of elbow grease.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and if they are Under. the other option.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • McV
    So if they are under its time for a full-respray?

Best go see where its under or over then!

Cheers guys
    Ride Hard - Ride Fast
  • FENNER
    FENNER Posts: 94
    m8

It aint half fun out climbing a guy on an expensive full susser on a lesser brand ........................................... leave them on and ride harder :wink:

Laters