Maillot Merde:Who Will be the Biggest Tour Failure?

2»

Comments

• schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Millar.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Evil_Cod
    Evil_Cod Posts: 35
    calvjones wrote:
    Surely this honour has already been snaffled by Tommy D?

Or Tommy B :P

Seriously: Cavendish has had a lot of hype, but with Boonen's absence may be able to deliver. In terms of the overall- Cunego perhaps, or Oscar Peirro/Popovych- some superdomestic.
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Evil_Cod wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Seriously: Cavendish has had a lot of hype, but with Boonen's absence may be able to deliver. In terms of the overall- Cunego perhaps, or Oscar Peirro/Popovych- some superdomestic.

I'd put Popo way ahead of Pierero, not even in the same league. I've still got Cunego at the top of my list to deliver.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I'm banking on Cunego to make this a tour to remember. Fingers crossed!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    ACMadone wrote:
    Evil_Cod wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

I'd put Popo way ahead of Pierero, not even in the same league. I've still got Cunego at the top of my list to deliver.

Poor Oscar. He wins the Tour de France and still no-one can spell his name. (Notice that I haven't tried)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    RichN95 wrote:
    ACMadone wrote:
    Evil_Cod wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Poor Oscar. He wins the Tour de France and still no-one can spell his name. (Notice that I haven't tried)

I did check how to spell it and that's what wikipedia came up with.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    His official website goes with Pereiro - maybe even they get it wrong. I personally never get it right - never the same spelling twice.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • another vote for Boonen
  • Boonen is not riding. I guess that could be a big failure;
  • Steve2020
    Steve2020 Posts: 133
    As long as Hincapie wins another mountain stage I'll be happy and my faith restored.[/quote]

Agreed. This would really give me hope we've turned the corner. :?
  • humble
    humble Posts: 17
    afx237vi wrote:
    Andy Schleck. Too much pressure and the last time we actually saw him at the front of a race was 14 months ago. [Edit: ooh, I forgot about LBL, but I still think he'll fail to impress.]

A.Schleck was 6th in the TdS this year - not so bad.

I will throw Valverde out there - he raised expectations with Dauphine - but has yet to prove he can get to the top in a three week event.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I really hope Hincape gets at least one stage win
    cartoon.jpg
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    I'll change my vote to Valverde. Wins the Dauphiné, smashes the national champs... smells like Moreau. We all saw where that went.