BB compatibility

Raygundeathmachine
edited May 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
:oops:

I've just bought an identiti drjekyll and i will need to buy a bottom bracket for it, but i dont know what to get (size/type) The identiti website says it is an 68mm English Threaded type, so any advice on what to get? I will be using it for trails and generally hooning around, so i dont need anything too lightweight.

Thanks in advance

Ray

Comments

• dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    Any will do so long as it specs 68mm or 73mm with a 5mm spacer.

It would be better to match the cranks and BB as they tend to fit a bit better due to machine matching.
  • Thanks mate, much appreciated :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sorry what is the question?

get what ever you want that fits.

eg hone/saint/pigmy etc.....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    What chainset do you have? There's no point getting a BB that doesn't fit your chainset and there's 6 BB interface standards that I can think of (which means there's more).
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • nicklouse wrote:

apologies, i didnt word my question very well. I was looking for advice as to what fits that particular frame. I'll be buying a bb and chainset together.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:

apologies, i didnt word my question very well. I was looking for advice as to what fits that particular frame. I'll be buying a bb and chainset together.

any will fit if you get the right parts.

What do you want to buy?

in fact i can not think of a set up that will not fit.

please consider that what ever you get you will be running a single front ring.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown