Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

To pants or not to pants

thefartingcockeralthefartingcockeral Posts: 394
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Dear all, doing the london to brighton in 2 weeks time. I have a serious question, I will have shorts on with a chamois pad, but do I need tro wear anything underneath apart from drapolene for the chaffing. I know you buggers will wind me up but serious advice will be appreciated.

• nicklousenicklouse Posts: 81,520 Lives Here
    go combat with some proper lycra cycling shorts under some baggies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dave_hilldave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Dear all, doing the london to brighton in 2 weeks time. I have a serious question, I will have shorts on with a chamois pad, but do I need tro wear anything underneath apart from drapolene for the chaffing. I know you buggers will wind me up but serious advice will be appreciated.

Absolutely not, use your padded shorts as underwear. Imagine wearing your grots underneath! AAAARRRGGHHH!!! :shock:

Also, cleanliness is next to godliness!! :wink:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    if your shorts are of the lycra type you should be ok, i wear baggies evn on the road so need to wear something underneath. that said, my ar$e is like a big ball of edam getting cut in half.
  • KonaMikeKonaMike Posts: 805
    As said above use the padded shorts as underwear,they are seamless so they wont rub like normal underwear does. I always wear baggy shorts over the lycra though as my legs are not up to it,I'm often asked the question ' What are those 2 bits of string hanging from your shorts? ' :oops:
  • Hi, thanks for the advice.
    I was going to wear my lycra/spandex cycling shorts with a pair of baggies over the top. Nice one fellas.
  • Actually I have a pair of altura padded undershorts in my drawer, so they should do the job under my baggies. The baggies also have a padded insert. Does that sound Ok.
    I can post pics if you want?!!! (sounds perv to me)
  • janwaljanwal Posts: 471
    I always wear padded undies along with my lycra or baggies.Get them from Aldi or Lidl when on offer.never had a sore bum yet!