Moaning thread

2»

Comments

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Can't get no sleep (or riding), 2 week old baby in the house and I've got wait at least a year before I'm allowed to buy him a bike. Just hiding in here for a few mins till his nappy gets mysteriously changed by the nappy changing fairy :lol: .
    ha ha awesome about the nappy changing fairy. and he's got to wait till he's at least one to have a bike! that's ridiculous!!
  • The official rule is they're old enough to ride once they've got enough teeth to dent a Powerbar.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    Chain snapped half an hour into my ride today. Got to go to a boring family meal in a hideous chain restaurant tomorrow. Got nothing to do tonight as everyone's out of town. What a great weekend!!!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I have a nasty wheezy cough thing, lots of revision to do no time to do it in, still have to wait at least 2 days for my bike to come.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tubeless tyre gave up the ghost on the rear of my bike today, about 10 minutes into the ride. Turns out tubeless sealant can't fix a tiny tiny littel slit in the sidewall :roll: Had to put my emergency tube in.
    Then my rear mech hanger got bent about 4 miles later.
    Later on, my front tyre suddenly burped all it's air out, and sent me crashing hard into the deck.
    Shreded my arm on the rocks and gravel.
    Had to pump like an idiot to re-inflate my front tyre with a mini pump, because I found out my second emergency tube is still in my mate's Camelbak, and he's not out this weekend :evil:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Pulled the cord for the shower - and it snapped insdie the box! B@stard!
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    Some rimlicker's taken 3 chunks out of kitchen wall....and the landllord is inspecting for damage before we move out on Tuesday...and the walls a really faint shade of blue...and filler's white....bugger!

If they liked the wall so much why couldn't they just take a picture rather than bits of it as a souvenir??!!
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Gotta sore throat coming :cry:

On the upside my forks are definitely fixed despite a dodgy moment last night when I thought they weren't (hadn't tightened the remote cable properly, now that would have been embarrasing taking em back demanding my rights under the warranty :oops: ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Finally given up on my Metas rear XT shifter fixing itself, numerous times on a 1 hour ride it'll get stuck in a gear, unable to shift up, only down. I'll have to go down, then push it hard, through numerous gears and it'll occationally catch on to go back up. Sending it back to be warrantied tomorrow. No Meta briefly :(

Also getting married in three and a half weeks, no honeymoon sorted. Still need to contact lots of people, argh. Wedding cost about to hit the 5 figures mark.

I'd kill for some nice retail therapy, want a light tubeless wheelset on my hardtail. Sadly I'm going to be broke until about August/September :?

On the plus side I found some little trails behind my house, played about on the jumps last night. Awesome fun! (Not that it matters now my fun bike's out of action anyway)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Sitting here at work completely burnt out. Did 70 miles yesterday in blazing heat and high
    humidity with a friend who was just hammering most of the time. He cooked me. Of course I was the one stupid enough to try keeping up. Someone just shoot me. Ah, isn't
    cycling such a fun sport?? Is that a heart attack I feel coming on??

Dennis Noward
  • Luke-Dob
    Luke-Dob Posts: 121
    BlackSpur wrote:
    I have a nasty wheezy cough thing, lots of revision to do no time to do it in, still have to wait at least 2 days for my bike to come.

Revision for GCSEs? Just finished mine last week and now got 11 weeks off, you have plenty of time to do what ever you want during then and to look forward too.
    "If I Was Falling, YOU BETTER FREAKING CATCH ME!!!"
    6 years riding bikes, 8 broken bones, gravity can be a b**ch
    http://dobby.pinkbike.com/album/My-Bikes-D/
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    BLOODY WEATHER!! :x
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • supersonic
    I got a dose of man flu coming on, to top up my glandular fever :-(
  • stumpyjon
    ^^hoping mine is getting out of my system, so far Monday sore throat, Tuesday bunged up nose, today nasty tickly cough and flem, hopfully be OK by tomorrow. What's worse is the little man's got it too and he's only four weeks old :evil: It's making him one cranky baby :cry: Can't even blow his nose poor b*gger.

• supersonic
    More snot for a baby, poor bugger! They have enough at the best of times!

Tis an 'orrible feeling - can feel the glands in my nech and under my chin, like marbles!
  • Anonymous
    I've got the runs :(
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    I'm not ill but i broke my catapult this mornin :x :cry:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    my morning ride had top be cancelled this morning because rain was predicted. I'm absolutely desperate to test out my upgrades that I just finished fitting.

currently I'm looking out of the window as sun just before I go to work :(

At least i can take a nice picture of the bike before i cover it in mud though :D
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • I'm at work. :cry:
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • Anonymous
    I'm bored :evil:
  • Anonymous
    I'm being paid to watch crap cartoons :(
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Dav - your ride was cancelled because rain was forecast?!!
    What kind of MTBer are you?!
  • stumpyjon
    A dry one :lol:

• Maybe he's rabid?
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • Anonymous
    Ah, cartoon got better - they went on a little adventure, so it wasn't the most boring cartoon ever.
    I retract my earlier statement.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Im on holiday, im bored, too windy to ride, too windy to work on the car, im missing seals for my brakes.

Mind weather is rather nice and ive just had a beer. :D
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Anonymous
    had to go sick this morning for pain in my foot after a 7 miler yesterday, also because of the pain in my shoulder from an upper body circuit last week (physio reckons its muscle related but i am certain it is due to previous surgury) and finally, because of the pain in my right ear.

all this means im still on excercise for a week next week, but cant do the fast roping which promised to be the best bit!!
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Dazzza wrote:
    Im on holiday, im bored, too windy to ride, too windy to work on the car, im missing seals for my brakes.

Mind weather is rather nice and ive just had a beer. :D

Too windy?! It's only about a force 4-5 yer jessie!
    About to go for a run and cycled 10m this morning - most pleasant ride for ages!
    If your brakes don't work, drag your feet on the floor to stop... :wink::lol:

How is the Scooby? I imagine it takes a fair bit of tlc to keep it sweet?
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    forgot my a level maths book
    so i had to bike back in the rain

now ive got a squek in my brake :evil:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders