Anyone got one of these?:-

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... 20Seatpost

Would you buy one? Worth the money?

Stu

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    I'd love one if they made a 27.2mm post

If i ever buy a FS trail bike I'm having one no questions asked,! The number of times i ve not put my saddle down cos i can't be bothered is too high to count now!

although admitadly I'd wait till they re more on sale than that!!! are tghe maverick equivalents that much?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    It's only in 2 sizes 30.9 & 31.6, which sucks, loads of bikes have 27.2 seatposts & for £170 you would expect the remote kit to be included, waste of money IMHO

You'll be waiting a while for a user review, they're not in the shops till the end of July
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    Actually I have one of these and I got it in May from 18bikes.

Its for my 07 Ransom 10 so I was lucky with the sizing. The smaller one comes out next year.

This has been worth every single hard earned pound spent on it. It apparently has 120 changes to it compared to the original speedball so I am hoping the seals are better but after 6 weeks in horrific conditions at times it has worked a treat.

The ability to drop the saddle on the fly is more useful than you might think and I now find myself using it more and more, especially seeing as I am progressing from XC to more AM stuff so while taking on stuff that is out of my comfort zone I am constantly dropping and lifting this thing.

Buy it if you can you will not regret it.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    never seen the point of constantly changing it...

if its anything liek other Crank Bros stuff..it'll probably break soon enough
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    I'm very keen on getting one as am always changing my saddle height. so expensive though.
  • Kiwi Kranker
    papasmurf you sound bitter! :wink:

I must admit I thought a bit like you but I have had a dream run with Cran Bros kit, two years on my mallets and still no bearing change and these get used pretty much 3-4 times a week without fail. Acid 2's on my ransom still mint, mini pump thrashed and is still mint. I reckon the seatpost will need a bit of maintenance but only time will tell.

I didnt see the point in changing loads until I tried my mates speedball, you get hooked pretty quick.

Each to their own. To you guys keen on one go demo one before you splash, I think most 08 scott ransoms have them so find your mearest store with one and take for a thrash.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i had one of the maverick ones,in fact, i stil have it, and was running it on my reign, i used it only 3 or 4 times before i sold the reign and the post wouldnt fit my bionicon. i sold it on ebay but the guy returned it to me as it was still under warranty and it had developed a fault.

wiggle have finnally got of their arses and are gonna refund me.

anyway, the post was n absolutely awesome thing, made the ride really good as adjusting the seat with the remote is a doddle and being able to do it on the fly meant that you find you do it everytime you descend.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    It's been on my wish list for a while, don't really see the point of buying one without the remote though unless it's still easy to adjust whilst moving?
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Kiwi Kranker
    It is a breeze to use but I would have got the remote one if hey had it in stock. I will be buying the remote for it but it is still a piece of cake to use without it. Quick flick of the lever while you are seated and down it goes, only thing is you are one handed then, you get good pretty quick though.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

• scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    I've been pondering gettin one o these for ages now since before crank bros took over makin em and still in two minds whether to get one. How much do they weigh? i'm not a weight weenie or out just thinkin its gotta weigh at least a kilo?!
    gonna try and blag my lbs to get one cheap-ish for me in the next couple o weeks :twisted: i can but try eh?
    Found out the other day whilst speakin to one of the guys there that he got a santa cruz chameleon frame for 350 quid :shock:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Weight 461g for the 31.6

And thats before cutting excess tube length off.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

• scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    not too bad then weight wise thought it would be quite hefty :o although justnoticed that there's only 3" of adjustment not alot compared to a regular post! But looks sooo nice in black and gold mmmmmmmmm gold :lol: sorry just turned into goldmember :wink:
    how much did you pay for it kiwi? if you dont mind me asking?
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Kiwi Kranker
    It was ahem...£165 :cry:

It hurt but I was prepared to pay and I have not regretted it. :D

The 3 inch of travel is perfect to get the seat out of the way, I dont find I need anymore than that as before I got it I would probably only lower my post by about the same amount.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard