Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB general

Price for fitting??

beany1111beany1111 Posts: 11
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Hello all, thinking of getting a full groupset fitted, what sort of money do the lbs charge for doing it and how long would it take???

• nicklousenicklouse Posts: 81,520 Lives Here
    what condition is the bike in?

what rates do your LBS charge?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • beany1111beany1111 Posts: 11
    Bike is in fairly good condition, few marks on frame where the laquer has gone but apart from that pretty good. I havent got a clue what the lbs rates are, thats why I asked the question. The only bike shop Ive been to in last 5 years has closed down.
  • James_FJames_F Posts: 137
    Just phoe around one or two, there's no obligation if you're just getting a quote
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    If you buy parts from the shop, some might be fitted for free or reduced rates. If you buy a groupset off the web and take it in, expect to pay top whack, maybe 50 quid.
  • MontanaGMTMontanaGMT Posts: 36
    Fit it your self. Its not to difficult and will save you money in the long run, once you have the tool.

£35-50 sounds about right for fitting a group set. I wouldn't expect much of a discount for getting them to fit the parts you brought from them.