Got a bike! (Custom built Orange Gringo)

indysmith
indysmith Posts: 276
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2761.l1259
Have a looksee
2278_12.JPG
I feel like I've got a great deal, what do you think? It's got pretty much everything I was looking for in my ideal bike! Nice, thin, light UK made frame, fantastic XC forks, decent hydrauliic disc brakes, a good transmission...

Just chec the spec!

Orange Gringo disc specific alloy frame 19 inch Colour: Titanium blue (this is a fancy name for grey) 2006
Rock Shox Reba Race Forks 100mm travel in Diffusion Black with Poploc remote lockout and compression adjust - Dual air spring, motion control, external rebound and floodgate adjust
Avid Juicy 3 SL disc Brakes 203mm front, 185mm rear G2 Clean sweep discs (New)
Wheels - DT swiss 445D rims, Specialized stout sealed cartridge bearing front hub, shimano 475 rear hub, Black hubs,spokes and rims (New)
Tioga Factory XC front/rear specific tyres
LX Shifters 9 speed
LX Front mech 9 speed
XT Rear mech 9 speed
XT Hollowtech 2 Chainset 9 speed
Shimano Cassette 9 speed (new)
Sram PC 951 chain 9 speed
Pedals shimano SPD's in silver
Yeti Grips, Viscount Titanium railed saddle, Kore Forged Alloy seatpost, FSA XC 170 stem, Club Roost Go Fast XC Bar

I've been dying to go for a big ol' crazy all-day ride through the hills ever since my Hardrock was stolen (after my brother 'borrowed' it after i told him not to and left it outside the hairdressers unlocked), and I think this is definitely the kind of bike to do it on!
TBH I'm a massive bike n00b, so I really just want to feel like I've got a good deal here. Convince me!
:P
Thanks.

Comments

• Bigmiksears
    Bigmiksears Posts: 51
    http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/2006bikes/gringo.php

thats the original spec for £520 - depending on how much you got the current bike for (£490?) would determin whether it was a good buy!

nice bit of kit though - im waitin for my orange, she will be named clementine (saaad i know).

Cheers
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I would say thats a good buy !! Nice one !
  • indysmith
    indysmith Posts: 276
    Yeah I got it for £490, but the price of the original doesn't really come into it, as it's only the frame that's been used from the gringo.
    I added up the price of all the parts that have gone into this bike and it came to around £1400 - so almost a grand more than I paid :D .
    Now I'll just have to see how she rides. I sense a ride around the Chilterns and up to Aston Hill in the near future :lol:
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    You'll love it!

I've an '05 Gringo with Reba race forks, Sram X7 (partly fitted) Hope Mono Mini's etc etc, it's sweet :D

Pic is out of date & camera's broken, hence the old spec (Manitou/Deore) But here she is anyway
    179408305_4f143c3a30.jpg
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think 1400 is a bit of an over estimate lol, but no doubting a nice bike at a good price!