Stickers on RockShox??

Douche
Douche Posts: 134
edited April 2008 in MTB general
Does anyone know if the stickers on rockshox (2008 Rebas) come off easily without leaving behind all that horrible residue?

I want to remove the various stickers on the fork to get a matt black finish, i prefer riding understated rather than overstated. I appreciate adhesive residue can be removed with the right cleaner but if removing the stiikers means scrubbing my forks clean of the sticky residue i'll probably leave it.
I found it hard, its was hard to find, oh well whatever nevermind.

Boardman Mountain Pro
185 G3 CleanSweep Front
Cane Creek Grips/Ergo Ends

Comments

• The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I would imagine that they would come off quite easily, I took some off a set of Marz (not the same brand I know) and they came off easily. Needed a little polish after

You will probably have to use a little soapy water after though - but that's not too much of a biggy, just take them off slowly to reduce chance of leaving sticky stuff behind
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    If there is any residue a bit of meths or petrol does the job very nicely on a rag.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mattfinch
    mattfinch Posts: 36
    Heat up the stickers with a hairdryer first to warm the glue... peels off like a charm
  • dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    Why take them off. People are just going to ask you what forks you have instead of reading off the forks so they'll find out anyway.
  • Sure you havent got some darts and you want to put reba stickers on them? :lol:
  • Douche
    Douche Posts: 134
    Im taking em off so they are just plain black, thats just the way i like it, i'd clear all the labels off the bike if i could but thats a little more time n effort than its worth at the moment. Some people go for big bling on bikes with huge labels and decals, thats not me. i dont need people to know what they are as i'll know and its me thats using em

...oh and it aint darts i want the labels for its for pimping me shockwave!!!! :wink::wink:
    I found it hard, its was hard to find, oh well whatever nevermind.

Boardman Mountain Pro
    185 G3 CleanSweep Front
    Cane Creek Grips/Ergo Ends
  • Does the suspension on shock waves actually work?
    I don't like big stickers either, maybe the odd muckoff though
    Me like trials biking me do
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Borow your mum's/girlfriends nailpolish remover. The sticky residue wil come off a treat!