Update on yeti build... but still no riding :(

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Taking the Yeti frame down to LBS Friday morning to have my Rebas , Hope BB and headset fitted..... then (hopefully) I can get it built up mid-next week.

Have not decided on brakes yet........ but can get the rest of it put together.

Have not been able to ride for a long time (months) due to illness, think I have forgotten how! :cry:

and have just realised I posted this in wrong section (sorry - am on mental painkillers - making me confused)

Comments

• batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Hope your feeling better soon mate, thats a bummer to be out that long, if your lucky though build, weather, and health could all come toghether like bday and xmas all at once! :wink:
  • The Big Cheese
    thanks man, I am really looking forward to getting back in the saddle again.

Will have to be very careful not to overdo it on first outing... shall be focusing on quality and not quantity.

Am thinking of getting a cycle computer to measure progress / distance traveled over time so I can monitor progress etc.

Hopefully I can be back out come the summer..... :wink:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    make sure your bike shop will use good facing tools for you headset and BB, alot of bike shops dont use these and bang them straight in,

it will make a nice difference to how long your gear will last on this shiney yeti..

And get well soon mate, hot bovril drinks to pick you up!
  • The Big Cheese
    Thanks buddy,

Am back at work but have got no feckin' energy - well not enough to go to the gym or cycle yet... the irony is that the doc said I need to get more exercise.....

Re: frame, it has been faced already by Rutlands - nice finish too :D
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Computers not a bad idea, I'd never had one before but recently bought a cheap one and amazed myself at the distances of my normal routes, certainly opened up more options as to where I can make it too and more importantly back! Also have a regular flat route that I can keep an eye on average speed and measure how much, if any, progress I've made.

Bloody typical doctor! Once got told to "fully articulate a joint" else I'd lose some function in it, at the time it didn't even bend let alone rotate. :roll:
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    I didn't remember you being poorly Cheesey, hope its not too serious mate. Get some pics of the new build as soon as you can - :wink:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    ... the irony is that the doc said I need to get more exercise.....

It's a often a mental thing, get a bit of exercise in and you'll feel a little better and be able to do a bit more (doesn't inspire you when it's windy, raining and you feel rough though does it).

At least you've got the prize of your new build to look forward to, if that doesn't get you out riding nothing will.

I think the computer is a good idea (but then I'm weird, I like recording numbers, it motivates me :oops: ), the only thing I find is even when riding the same loop, the conditions, weather etc can have as big an impact on my performance as my current fitness level.

Hope you're better and back out there soon, couldn't of picked a better time of year to start riding again. 8)
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result