Giant Trance two,fork travel.

BOYDIE
BOYDIE Posts: 528
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

Ive recently purchased a 2008 Giant Trance 2,I am very happy with it.But im wanting to adjust the fork internally using the all travel spacers,(Ive done this before on Rockshox)up to 120mm 5inch travel.Now seeing that the Trance has a fairly low bottom bracket at 12 and 3/4 inch can any body see this as a problem.The frame size is a small for people of 5ft 4inch to 5ft 7 inch tall and Im 5ft 6inch tall and have good top tube clearance.

Thanks.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Couple of things first - is this frame warrantied to take a 120mm fork? And can the fork actually be altered? Not all ES ones can, especially OE models.

12 3/4 inch BB is fairly average for a 100mm travel bike.
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    Ive emailed Giant as regards the frame just waiting on there reply,and ive never came across a Rockshox Recon or Tora fork that cant be adjusted with spacers,OE or after market.You might have to purchase spacers,but on 80mm and 100mm forks the spacer is already there 50mm spacer for 80mm and a 30mm for 100mm.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not always. There are a few that are 80/100mm only with shorter stanchions - lots supplied OE like this. Only know once you open them up!
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Lots and Lots and Lots of Trance owners run with longer travel forks, ive got an 07 Trance and run 130mm with no problems and i treat my bike hard. Head Angle has been improved and the bike feels much more capable now. Only on very steep ascents does the front get light but this is to the point where it is so steep you can hardle ride up it.

Though the frame changed lots on the 08 trance so you im not sure you will get the same benefits. Best have a search of all the big forums.