BHF ride in the vale of Belvoir

feel
feel Posts: 800
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
Sunday May 11th. There is a choice of 25 or 40 mile routes starting at Belvoir Castle. Anybody on here doing it and fancy a riding buddy for the day. Will probs just be averaging around 13 to 15 mph depending on the course and weather and i'm the sensible side of 50 :wink: . Information link about the ride HERE post or PM if interested.
We are born with the dead:
See, they return, and bring us with them.

Comments

• Hi There, Mrs DF and I are both doing the 40 miler, her the first time at this distance so not sure we can manage your pace although we can always set off together and see how it goes.

Regards

A
  • feel
    Have sent you a PM Duckfoot, or at least i think i have :? It is in my outbox, but not in the sentbox. Let me know if you have not received it.
    regards.
  • everogere
    everogere Posts: 68
    Hi Feel
    Im doing the ride with a mate from work our start time is 9.05 which I think is a bit early as we have a 2 hour drive to get there. Would be happy for you to join us or how about a group of us bikeradar.com members getting together? Some one suggest a start time. My number is 293
  • everogere
    everogere Posts: 68
    Is there anyone else doing this ride on 11th May ??
  • Morning all

If you are interested in the route details, go to www.mapmyride.com, click on search for rides and type Belvoir in the location box. A list of rides will appear, 5 of which are the entire route and also the different segments from start to finish to allow greater expansion of the elevation profile.

Have fun all.

AP
  • feel
    everogere wrote:
    Hi Feel
    Im doing the ride with a mate from work our start time is 9.05 which I think is a bit early as we have a 2 hour drive to get there. Would be happy for you to join us or how about a group of us bikeradar.com members getting together? Some one suggest a start time. My number is 293

apologies had not revisited this til now i will look out for you :oops:
  • feel
    How did people get on today? I was very late setting off but was quite pleased with myself being able to cycle up that steep hill (pasture lane?)
    Mind i then promptly lost all the time i made by missing a left turn and going a couple of miles up the road before wondering where everyone else was :oops:
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    I did the 40 miler with my father. First 2 or 3 miles were chaos - worse than the etape feeding stations! There was much wobbling around and odd lines through corners - avoiding the wobblers was good for the improving bike handling skills! Very enjoyable ride in great weather and good atmosphere - and for a good cause (I had minor-ish heart surgery last year). The last ten miles must have been quite a shock to some who were struggling!
  • feel
    I nearly got caught out on one of the smaller hills in the last 5 miles. Someone in front of me lost their chain so had to slow, but then my gears stuck and i couldn't change down - i was pleased when i got to the top . Of course after the hill my gears started to work perfectly again :lol: