Quiet on here today

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited May 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Take it you are all off riding, on what is the hottest day of the year so far?! I may dust down one of the steeds for a pre sunset tootle around the woods.

Comments

• lunaeventer
    lunaeventer Posts: 420
    Hey,

So quiet you haven't even got a reply yet!
    Not been biking - will go somewhere tomorrow tho. Being good & helping at the World Schools Orienteering Championships relay in Edinburgh today. Weather great tho a little windy.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    who is'nt? :) i think i'm the only rider out today wearing long sleaves, wassup with the other riders? ar'nt they cold? i had a base layer and a sweater on sure i was warm and sweaty but not cold like i would be wearing just a ss top. even saw a group of lads riding topless heh nutters :)

had a nice gentle ride along the newport-sandown cycle path think i saw about 50 other riders and quite a few unhappy walkers lol well it is a cycle path.
  • supersonic
    Yeah, it's dead!

Lots of footy on too, that's where they'll all be lol
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    I was out riding for a good 5 hours 4 of them being in the saddle, im cream crackered, may nip out tomorrow weather and energy levels permitting.

Never mind the footy there's better things to be watching imo. :)

Dunker, i had a base layer and long sleve jersey, ok they both control your body temp but still. 8)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    ive been working so havent had chance to get out, had some news that i cant get the commencal frame im after so it over to santa cruz :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I did 4 hrs this morning, way too many layers, sweated like a pig. Must buy some proper base layers. Trouble is I like hard plastic and shiny things, not clothes. Anyway now pissed (is that bad at 19:45 in the evening?), on the second bottle of wine, sent the missus to Tescos for strong chedder and dry roasted peanuts, and. she went :shock: .

Hopefully be back by the time I finish this post.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • dunker
    a nice alternative to strong chedder is parmesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano) as it's similar flavour to that extra strong chedder just even stronger so you can eat less of it or thin chedder with some thin parmesan slices on toast, sarnys etc, same impact in the mouth but less chesse and less fat i guess.
  • stumpyjon
    Ooo I do like parmesan direct from the block, my missus thinks I'm weird but I've converted my 3 year old daughter as well (the missus has to do forensic analyisis to match up the tooth prints in the cheese to work out who's guilty). Add some anchovies for the full parmesan on toast experience, must go, she's back and I need to see what's she's bought, half down a bottle of red now :oops: .

• I've been busy working all day so I could go out for a ride this evening. Whereabouts in the country is everyone? I was out at 5 in shorts and t-shirt (don't own any technical clothing) and it was well warm! Had to hang my t-shirt out the window when I got back because I didn't want the sweat stinking out the place!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • stumpyjon
    Warm enough in South Lancs today (smell those pits........................).

• dunker
    isle of wight here, local weather station said it was 12c but felt more like 15'ish in the sun to me, anything under 20c is long sleeves for me but i really do feel the cold, always have :(
  • stumpyjon
    You nesh git (Lancashire word for someone who feels the cold), hehehehehehe

only a 1/4 of a bottle left of the second bottle.

• supersonic
    I'm off the ale tonight, had a banging hangover yesterday. On the internationl hangover scale, of 1 - 10, it was 'please, somebody shoot me'.
  • dunker
    i might a bottle or three of my current fave, old peculier :)

while wearing gloves as it'll be cold from the fridge :wink: heh , just kidding i'm not quite that bad yet.
  • supersonic
    Is there owt decent on TV? I'm bored stupid!
  • stumpyjon
    Offf to bed, well mished & pished, just had some sports energy drink. Think it cures hang overs? If I'm posting in the morning UI'll tell you which one. Heheheheeeeeeeeeeeee

• supersonic
    Irn Bru cures hangovers! And tomato juice. Not together though.
  • dunker
    gonna watch jimmy car on c4 then a few hours on team fortress till i fall zzzz
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    dunker wrote:
    gonna watch jimmy car on c4 then a few hours on team fortress till i fall zzzz

Which tf?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • dunker
    "i'm going to gut you like a cornish game hen"

tf2.

usually on the multiplay uk, wireplay uk and ukcs servers on dustbowl only games.

as dunker.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    nice and warm up inverness :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • BlackSpur
    dunker wrote:
    "i'm going to gut you like a cornish game hen"

tf2.

usually on the multiplay uk, wireplay uk and ukcs servers on dustbowl only games.

as dunker.

'Tis a cracking game, can't wait for the new medic achievements next week!
  • dunker
    love the new update, think i've found a new calling as a medic :) heard anything about any other character updates/patches coming soon?
  • BlackSpur
    Apparently Valve is planning to release new achievements for all the classes in the next 6 months (Steam forum rumour).

On the night the medic pack was released, someone discovered there was a console command which unlocked all the achievements! 80% of players used it, and Valve reset all their achievements!
  • dunker
    yeah i heard about that and glad i did'nt fall for it, ruined a game in the past by "cheating" but no way on my beloved tf2. so far i've only unlocked the new hypo gun and it's still all over the place like the other one but steals health so it's definetly better i reckon.

you heard any rumors about whats going to be in the other classes to come? maybe a dynomite kit for the demo like in the first tf2 movie trailer? that'd be fun :)
  • carey8
    carey8 Posts: 222
    Forget all the Steam Games.
    CoD4 is all you need.
    <h6>EatMe</h6>
  • John
    John Posts: 2,499
    Word to that.
  • stick
    stick Posts: 2,910
    Tbh, COD4 is the only game I ever use nowadays.