Working Saturday sucks !

KonaMike
KonaMike Posts: 805
edited April 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I started working 6 day weeks as a 'short term' thing about 18 months ago !! This means I can only go riding on a Sunday and hopefully in the evening before too long .

I'm fine all week but on a Saturday as I drive into work I always pass cars with bikes on the roof going to Cwmcarn which is a mile from my house! :( Its gonna get even worse in the summer too :(

So has anyone got any tips for passing 8 and a half hours of boredom and frustration please !!
(If it wasnt for this forum I would go crazy !)

Comments

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    ha ha ha i rode cwmcarn yesterday. friday i have a half day which is a nice start to my weekend :) so drove from cheltenham to cwmcarn and killed the trail.
    tell you what it was such an awesome ride. did the XC trail on my marin quake (7" front and rear with RS totems on the front/DHX Air shock on the back) and i actually got round it quicker and felt better afterwards than i did on my marin alpine trail (4-6" full sus all mountain) last autumn and MY on-one inbred 456 hardtail last autumn. funny eh. 1 hour 13 not including stopping to fix a puncture RIGHT BEFORE THE FINAL DESCENT :evil: . that bike though is not a nancy all mountain bike - its a mountain destroyer.
    so now looking to sell my marin attack trail (brand new frame - one ride, brand new wheelset - one ride, tyres not even ridden on) :'(

did get a snake bite on that rocky bit coming round the mountain at the end and i clearly need to set my suspension up correctly for me. its so nasty at the moment. wow though i was murdering the final descent, slamming the bike round those little berms WOOHOO. hopefully riding there again sunday.

oh sorry you wanted advice on passing 8 hours... think about riding cwmcarn? i guess that doesn't help does it ha ha.
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    At least you don't work 12 nights over the weekend then followed the next weekend by 12 hour day shifts.
    Mind you I then get the next 5 weekends off to go riding :lol:
  • KonaMike
    ha ha ha i rode cwmcarn yesterday. friday i have a half day which is a nice start to my weekend :) so drove from cheltenham to cwmcarn and killed the trail.
    tell you what it was such an awesome ride. did the XC trail on my marin quake (7" front and rear with RS totems on the front/DHX Air shock on the back) and i actually got round it quicker and felt better afterwards than i did on my marin alpine trail (4-6" full sus all mountain) last autumn and MY on-one inbred 456 hardtail last autumn. funny eh. 1 hour 13 not including stopping to fix a puncture RIGHT BEFORE THE FINAL DESCENT :evil: . that bike though is not a nancy all mountain bike - its a mountain destroyer.
    so now looking to sell my marin attack trail (brand new frame - one ride, brand new wheelset - one ride, tyres not even ridden on) :'(

did get a snake bite on that rocky bit coming round the mountain at the end and i clearly need to set my suspension up correctly for me. its so nasty at the moment. wow though i was murdering the final descent, slamming the bike round those little berms WOOHOO. hopefully riding there again sunday.

oh sorry you wanted advice on passing 8 hours... think about riding cwmcarn? i guess that doesn't help does it ha ha.

Yeah thanks I feel much better now :( Its been 3 weeks since I last rode Cwmcarn as I have been waiting for a new back wheel and working,frustrating when I live so close ,I was planning to try and get up there tomorrow but there is a demo day so I might give it a miss.

Thanks for the moral support though :roll:
  • Yes working Saturday sucks, but just think, while you're out riding tomorrow i'll be getting up at 5am for a 12 hour shift - that should put a smile back on your face! Right, i'm off out now on my bike...... in the rain........it might be sunny tomorrow, damn it!
  • KonaMike
    Yes working Saturday sucks, but just think, while you're out riding tomorrow i'll be getting up at 5am for a 12 hour shift - that should put a smile back on your face! Right, i'm off out now on my bike...... in the rain........it might be sunny tomorrow, damn it!

I feel less sorry for myself now,but then it is nearly home time !! :)
  • dirtbiker100
    i'm wondering how busy the demo day will be, i'm sure i can find a space though to park. surely. hopefully. maybe. ok i doubt it!
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    I feel your pain...Being in Risca...I see people with bikes strapped to their cars going up there all the time...on nice days it makes me die inside :(

After I get my lunch I can see the damn thing as well - which dosnt help.

That demo day was pretty good...Got a nice feel of the bikes I was interested in...and even some I hadnt even looked at yet...damn too much choice!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    the woes of work mate, gogo ride evenings now the light is perfect, and its enough to ride till 8.30!

and the demon day wasnt to bad on the trail, was overtaken by a lass when fixing my friens chain which had snapped, she was trainign for 75k ride this summer! so good luck to her, im knackered after 25k hehe
  • KonaMike
    I thought it would be rammed up there on Sunday for the Demo day so I went for a play in the local woods instead.
  • Thewaylander
    sometimes its worth sticking your nose in asbusy days can be a big laugh, its fun to scare people with how i am hehe
  • dirtbiker100
    KonaMike wrote:
    I thought it would be rammed up there on Sunday for the Demo day so I went for a play in the local woods instead.
    you missed out :) there were loads of spaces in the carpark and the trails weren't busy at all!
  • KonaMike
    Gutted :(
  • Thewaylander
    Yo Dirt, did you pass some fools fixing a chain on the way up the fire track?