How do you repair a punctured football?

Father Faff
Father Faff Posts: 1,176
edited April 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I'm sure everyone has had lots of experience of fixing punctured tyres but is it possible to repair punctured footballs? I got my son a brand new football on Tuesdy. On Wednesday his mate kicked it straight into a hawthorn hedge and it got a thorn in it which has penetrated the "inner tube" as it were. Can the ball be saved?
Commencal Meta 5.5.1
Scott CR1

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is a football?

sorry no idea :(
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'm not sure you can. Sportsworld in the Oracale sells them for £2 :D
    Oh yea, testing my eye sight, that says "sorry no idea" right?
    Me like trials biking me do
  • Father Faff
    Nick Louse - a football is a kind of spherical slick tyre, a bit like that thing on the front of the Dyson vacuum cleaner that goes round corners. I understand that you don't put them on your bicycle but rather on your feet, hence the term "football", and it was invented by a chap called Dave Beckum.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Father Faff
    I've just had a brainwave - do you think those compressed air puncture repair canisters that inject gunk into MTB tyres and blow them up and seal them at the same time would work?
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    squirt in some of that liquid tyre repair stuff

but a new ball would be cheaper if you don't have any
  • Father Faff
    Yeh, it's bloody annoying. You pay £8.49 for a football that lasts a day and you can't fix the bloody thing for less than it costs. I suppose you are not supposed to kick them into hawthorn hedges!
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1