Itchy bum...

dirtbiker100
dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
edited April 2008 in Health, fitness & training
Heh an interesting one here.
After a decent ride (i do afan, cwmcarn fairly often), my bum cheeks get itchy where they've been sat on the saddle, so the bottom of the bottom. Sometimes its only straight after a ride but other times it can go on into the night.
I wear padded shorts and on my last bike I had a WTB Speed V saddle and now i've got a charge spoon saddle. Only ridden the charge one a few times and it feels nice and I don't get any noticable numbness or sharp pains in the crown jewels so to speak, just the itchyness. the longer the ride the longer it itches for afterwards.
Ridden full sus and hardtail too.
Does anyone know why I get this and what I can do to stop it?
thanks

Comments

• Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    Is it only when it's cold?

Could be a case of very mild chill blanes (sp?).

Used to get them loads after surfing, but in my legs and arms.

Only other thing might be the vibrations of the bike - again I used to get very itchy arms when DHing on rough stuff before I had suspension forks.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    could be just sweaty bits gettng itchy.......
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    ...then it would itch all the time.

And it would be time to sneak into a chemist and grab some Canestan.

Apparently...
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • Shadowduck
    Shadowduck Posts: 845
    Could it be the padded shorts you're allergic to? I'm assuming you don't wear them much off the bike! :mrgreen:
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Try this before every ride
    http://www.crotchguard.co.uk/
  • dirtbiker100
    hmm
    i got them in the summer as well as winter,
    got them with two different pairs of padded shorts (although they could be same material but i'm not sure it is the shorts) and how do you know i don't wear them out to clubs at the weekend :wink::lol:
    crotch guard is interesting,
    thanks for the ideas
  • Shadowduck
    Shadowduck Posts: 845
    Try a different washing powder maybe? Could be the combination of sweatiness and rubbing causing a bit of sensitivity...
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • litwardle
    litwardle Posts: 259
    Just sit around in your shorts one day, or wear them in bed for a couple of hours at night, whatever. At least you can eliminte the material then.
  • dirtbiker100
    litwardle wrote:
    Just sit around in your shorts one day, or wear them in bed for a couple of hours at night, whatever. At least you can eliminte the material then.
    tis a good idea might try it actually.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Just use chamois cream, the itching could quite easily be your skin being a bit sensitive to damp riding conditions.

I use asoss cream as it's easily available from my lbs.

Has the itchiness started when you bought the spoon saddle?

If so it could be cutting off different areas of circulation causing the itchyness, try the shorts then failing that change the saddle.

Bel air are also excellent saddles.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X